Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Updose after ct ?

I took K  1 or 2 times a week for two months  on 10/2023-12/2023.  When realized a dependency started taper.  Schedule in my profile cw23.  Was at .047mgx3 per day.  On 3/25/2024 went ct.  Was trying to prepare for 4/9 back surgery. I think I made a mistake.  Will have to cancel surgery as wd are horrible.  Dont know where to go at this point.  Should i try to get back on last dose.  How long would it take to stabilize or am I stuck unable to updose ?  I hope someone can give me direction. I afraid that since I am 74 years old I am in danger of a seizure. 

[or...]

I'm 71 and understand the fear of what to do.  I believe honestly getting an updose twice over the many years I used the Clonazepam/Klonopin, really helped me more than hurt me.  But learning from others here, I think I would go up to just previous dose, not all the way to original dose.  The reason I say that is because I might have been able to stabilize on a lesser dose, then my taper wouldn't have been a larger dose to taper off of.

That's just me though and I try hard to listen to my body and now, after a year of tapering, I'm only just almost halfway finished, I hope.  I wouldn't hesitate to go back to previous dose if need be, but I actually have not had to do that, yet.  I only taper 0.001 Dose weight of tablet.  So like my last taper was from a .170 g TEVA tablet of C, 1mg.  So I was down to 0.091 g dose weight, and I tapered down to 0.090 g dose weight.  Hope that makes sense, I'm horrible with numbers. oregonlady/Denise

Edited by [or...]

Thank you for your response.  Before my jump I was at  16mg x 3 per day which is 48mg or .048 g per day. This equates to .047 mg x 3 of K (active ingredient) per day.
Anyway instead of continuing taper I jumped 10 days ago in hopes of being ready for back operation this coming tuesday. Big mistake. Real bad wd and will have to cancel operation. Did you have bad wd symptoms when you updosed and how long until you felt better.  Hope your continued taper is manageable. Thanks again Denise.