Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

cbd oil

[ji...]

so i just ordered some thc free cbd oil.  has anyone tried cbd drops while tapering.  its supposed to calm the nrevous system and vagus nerve.  ~~jill

• Like 1

[Br...]

Hi @[ji...] - From what I've seen some people find cbd oil helpful and others don't.  I think it's worth a try.  The rule of thumb is "start low, go slow".  

Personally, I tried it when I was in the thick of withdrawal and I didn't feel any effect. But again, it seems to vary a lot from one individual to another.

You may want to do a Search using the Search box on upper right of this page to see posts about it.

• Like 1

[ji...]

thank you @[Br...].   i think i am going to give it a try.  and like you said, i'll start at a very low dose.  i'll check back and post what effects, if any, on my symptoms  ~~jill

• Like 1

[ji...]

@[Br...]   do you know if cbd oil works on gabba receptore like  alcohol does?  ~~jill

[or...]

It seems the info I've read leans towards pure, CBD oil, zero THC in it, does not affect receptors in our CNS.  The Gaba and the Glutamate included.  THC does the articles say, but how much THC I wouldn't know.

I don't have any desire to do CBD or THC because I just never liked pot at all, freaked me out to the point of paranoia whenever I took a hit at a party.

Some folks sware by it though so again, everyone is different ;) Denise

Edited by [or...]
  • Like 1

[Br...]

Here's what the Benzodiazepine Information Coalition site says in a section about Cannabis including CBD oil:

Cannabis (Marijuana, CBD Oil, THC)

Cannabinoids impact the GABA receptors. CBD and others can impact cytochrome P450, a family of liver enzymes. See: CBD-Drug Interactions: The Role of Cytochrome P450. The cannabinoid CB1 receptor is involved in the anxiolytic, sedative and amnesic actions of benzodiazepines. Prolonged Cannabinoid Exposure Alters GABA(A) Receptor Mediated Synaptic Function in Cultured Hippocampal Neurons.  The major central endocannabinoid directly acts at GABAAreceptors. In all its forms, cannabis works with the brain’s GABA pathways just as benzos do. Despite evidence that some endogenous and synthetic cannabinoids interact with GABAA receptors, no-one has yet investigated the effects of CBD.

• Like 1

[or...]

Wouldn't anything that is said to calm the nervous system mean that it affects the GABA Receptor?  If that is the case, then I'd be concerned that my bodies GABA receptor would again be held back from doing it's natural job.

Please understand I am just throwing my thoughts out here because I don't know anything much about it, only what I looked up when I saw folks talking about using it, Denise :)

• Like 1

[or...]
5 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

Here's what the Benzodiazepine Information Coalition site says in a section about Cannabis including CBD oil:

Cannabis (Marijuana, CBD Oil, THC)

Cannabinoids impact the GABA receptors. CBD and others can impact cytochrome P450, a family of liver enzymes. See: CBD-Drug Interactions: The Role of Cytochrome P450. The cannabinoid CB1 receptor is involved in the anxiolytic, sedative and amnesic actions of benzodiazepines. Prolonged Cannabinoid Exposure Alters GABA(A) Receptor Mediated Synaptic Function in Cultured Hippocampal Neurons.  The major central endocannabinoid directly acts at GABAAreceptors. In all its forms, cannabis works with the brain’s GABA pathways just as benzos do. Despite evidence that some endogenous and synthetic cannabinoids interact with GABAA receptors, no-one has yet investigated the effects of CBD.

I think that's the study I just read at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5209363/

• Like 1