Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tictacs for histamine

[Bu...]

Hey All,

Just thought I'd throw this one out there, as I figure any weird thing that helps me might help someone else.  So, yep, Tictacs.  The "freshmint" flavor.  They help with dizziness, nausea, heartburn and, the "weird part", histamine flairs.  I get that mint would help with all the rest, but didn't expect the histamine thing.  I found it by accident.  Doesn't seem to matter the cause of the histamine:  food, environmental, whatever, it calms it all down significantly.  

Something to try anyway. :) 

• Like 2

[Br...]

This is really interesting @[Bu...].  It's not exactly the same but I have two close friends who found the one thing that helped them the most with nausea during chemotherapy were peppermint Chiclets.

[Bu...]

@[Br...],  I've heard that mint can go either way with digestion issues, acid, nausea etc.  I've had one doctor tell me it's bad for acid reflux, and another say that it's good for digestion.  Go figure.  I'm glad it helped your friends.   Since there is so much histamine involved in the gut I guess it all connects. 

I also discovered that it helps with anxiety.  I remember reading an article, somewhere on here I think, that there was research that sour candy helped with panic attacks.  Something about the strength of the taste disrupting "the panic cycle" in the brain.  I wonder if mint does the same?  I find it very calming, anyway.

• Like 1