Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

2years off and horrible wave... really scared

[Bi...]

I am 25months off clonazepam and suddenly in  the worst wave I've experienced - after day feeling like normal on Sunday - I have read lots of people seem to go through more intense waves at round this far out. Can anyone confirm if it is healing and we will end up healed, as really panicked by it? 

[Bi...]

Please, can anyone let me know they've made it through something like this wave or let me know if I will heal... as I am so so scared!

[Pi...]

I am 20 months off and the OCD is off the charts.  I actually took a rescue dose but is not really helping.

I hope someone answers your question because I would like to know too?

Edited by [Pi...]

[Br...]

Hi @[Bi...] - Some members report getting slammed with one last bad wave at the end of their healing.  In my own case, when I was hit with a bad wave after doing really well there was a significant stressor I could point to as the obvious trigger.  In other cases it's just more of the non linear, unpredictable path of withdrawal.  

As for the role of stress, it can be stress of all kinds such as a bad cold, emotional upheaval, job related stress, financial worry, etc.  Have there been any changes in your life that might have lead to this uptick in symptoms?  

As you know, no doubt, the CNS is highly sensitized as it readjusts after benzos and it can take a good long while for it to recover equilibrium. I hope your wave goes away soon.

[Bi...]
Posted (edited)

Thank you. I am very hopeful it is that last one, and doesn't last too much longer! 

I have had some stressors that could have brought it on, as well as hormones.

Edited by [Bi...]