Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

20 months out, symptoms haunting badly

[Sc...]

I am facing the 2 symptoms:

1. Emotional numbness

2. Chest pain

Emotional numbness is the most brutal one which keeps me away from smiling and feeling love. This is ruining my life and so much torture. 

I pray for 2 things to come back, one is my emotions and another personal thing which I do not want to discuss here. 

I have Hashimoto Thyroid condition which could be potentially affecting me as well? The Thyroid medication is not sufficient in controlling a deranged thyroid, may be the symptoms which existed originally before taking benzos were due to it (Anxiety, Depression, etc). 

Edited by [Sc...]

[Bo...]

Do you do gluten free? That helps inflammation for hashimotos as I have ut too. What med do you use? I didn’t tolerate levothyroxine or synthroid and had to go natural pig thyroid with Armour that’s worked for me.

working with a functional Dr can help if you’re concerned how to help thyroid stuff. A lifestyle change and diet change can be beneficial for the condition with whole foods, organic, gluten free, etc so you might speak to one or look online on how people have managed their hashimotos if yours is struggling.

sending hugs and love and I think your symptoms are common for 19mo but alway good to get your other health in the best condition you can if bloodwork is off etc. hope these last two symptoms go away for you soon. 

[Sc...]

@[Bo...] How did pig thyroid hormone work with you?

It's difficult to be gluten free and change diet, but that is the only option left for me now, so will do. 

[Bo...]

Armour thyroid works  for me since 2007.

Some don’t respond to the levothyroxine and synthroid which I didn’t. 

are your thyroid numbers off or why did you say it’s not controlling deranged thyroid? Have your numbers been fine with medication prior to benzo stuff?

Benzo crap can affect the HPA and is significantly so just know our values will eventually even out and sometimes thyroid med has to be adjusted by the Dr if our numbers look off. 
but you can try to see if cutting gluten helps out, cutting sugar helps, cutting caffeine can help thyroid.

basically whole food fresh veggies and fruits all the healthy stuff you read about is what is best diet wise. Talking to a functional med Dr if your endocrinologist isn’t helpful then that can be helpful.

[Bo...]

Have you been taking thyroid meds for awhile and levels were ok? And now they jumped up? 

[Sc...]

@[Bo...]  I have been taking synthetic thyroid hormone since 10 years. The basic parameters like TSH, T3, T4 are always in range, while the antibodies were never in range since the starting. 

[Bo...]

Oh ok, so they antibodies is what you’re thinking the med isn’t working for then?

try to cut gluten out and sugar and lots of Whole Foods fresh veggies fruits and see if that can get your antibody number down some. 
hugs and hoping you can get it down with some diet changes, that can really help people.

not sure if you’ve done an ultrasound to monitor how your thyroid looks but if not something you can see if it will give You peace about things. 
All the inflammation form benzo stuff should continue to go down farther you get from being off it and then with some cutting of gluten should help some too