Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Im so freaked out.

[Ho...]

12 months off of Klonopin after being on 3mg for 4-5 years. Am I ever going to be ok again? Some things have gotten better but I feel like the “dumbness”, anxiety, loss of appetite, intrusive thoughts, not wanting to leave the house.. when does that get better? Am I like this forever? These symptoms seem to be hanging on for dear life and with a vengeance. 

Edited by [Ho...]
Add more content
  • Like 1

[Re...]

Hello @[Ho...], Welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I approved your first post to get your account going. Congratulations on being off Klonopin for a year, it is a huge accomplishment!! 

We have many members who are off around the same time you are, or a few months ahead. I am certain they will share the stories of their recovery soon! 

Take care! 

[Rh...]

Hi!  I am off my antidepressant (not a benzo but I previously tapered a benzo 4 years ago) and wanted to reassure you that you will heal!  This journey takes time and a lot of patience.  There are so many coaches and other people who say everyone heals in time and you will be one of them.

you should be so proud your off and made it to the one year mark!  That is a big accomplishment in and of itself.  All that can happen from this point forward is more healing.  You’ll get there!!!!

On 03/04/2024 at 07:46, [[H...] said:

12 months off of Klonopin after being on 3mg for 4-5 years. Am I ever going to be ok again? Some things have gotten better but I feel like the “dumbness”, anxiety, loss of appetite, intrusive thoughts, not wanting to leave the house.. when does that get better? Am I like this forever? These symptoms seem to be hanging on for dear life and with a vengeance. 

Hi, @[Ho...]!)

I'm about a year off of my benzo too. I'm sure whatever doubts we have, we're healing. I do feel the healing process although would really like it to be quicker. If i look back i'm positive there is no comparison in what i was like a year ago and what i'm now but, sure, not completely well yet. My leftover issues are different but, think, it doesn't matter much. These issues of mine also sometimes seem to be hanging on for dear life with a vengeance, good expression) I believe with all my heart and based on what i've been reading that the rest of our vicious symptoms will leave us one day once and for good. It just needs a bit more time.

Take care and believe it or not the recovery is bound to come!:balloon:

Edited by [...]
  • Like 1

[or...]

Knowing how you tapered (History or About Me in your profile), or cold-turkey, would probably help a lot of us know what we might share with you that would help, oregonlady