Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

¿Anyone with bruxism?.

[Lo...]

When I am very anxious trying to fall asleep, my teeth and molars start to grind too much until I fall asleep, they seem like they are going to break, it is something I have never experienced in my life, I can't believe what benzos do. ¿Anyone else feels the same? This didn't happen to me before withdrawal.

[Nu...]
51 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

When I am very anxious trying to fall asleep, my teeth and molars start to grind too much until I fall asleep, they seem like they are going to break, it is something I have never experienced in my life, I can't believe what benzos do. ¿Anyone else feels the same? This didn't happen to me before withdrawal.

Hi @[Lo...]. I do remember grinding my teeth, but only for a short time period. Don't remember that time period well enough to contribute, really. Hope you get some relief.

[Re...]

Hello @[Lo...], I am sorry you suffer from this, too. I broke two teeth of mine while in withdrawal, in my sleep. I have seen many dentists last year (at least 7 times, 3 different ones). My teeth had to be reconstructed. My masseter muscle seems to be really tense as well. 

I should use a mouth guard and I will have to use it again, soon if I want to avoid further trouble. 

• Like 1

[Bu...]
4 hours ago, [[R...] said:

I should use a mouth guard and I will have to use it again, soon if I want to avoid further trouble. 

I have one too, and it helps a lot!  Also, with TMJ and assorted jaw, neck, and head pain.  I notice a big difference if I don't use it.  Sometimes I have it in during the day, if it's been a particularly stressful time.