Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Icy sensations in my leg

[Ka...]

I felt horrible icy sensations along with sharp pains in my left leg. This lasted for a couple of days I feel depressed thinking that these might happen again. and I had it again after taking a bath last night. It was lukewarm water though. Today got better relatively but I feel deprived of my relaxing time for my legs. Anyone can relate? 

[Th...]

I am so sorry you are feeling these weird sensation. Early on during acute withdrawals I would get similar sensations you describe in my feet. Usually in one foot only at a time however my brain would tell me my foot was freezing but when I actually felt it, it was warm. Very uncomfortable feeling. Im nearly 4 months out from my last dose, I still get this sensation in my feet but not so freezing a feeling, more just cold now.

As for your sharp pains, I still get random sharp pains in my legs, feet, shoulders and back. I think its related to benzos being muscle relaxers and nerve irritation in our bodies.

I think I know what you are feeling! :hug:

• Like 1

[Ka...]
13 hours ago, [[T...] said:

I am so sorry you are feeling these weird sensation. Early on during acute withdrawals I would get similar sensations you describe in my feet. Usually in one foot only at a time however my brain would tell me my foot was freezing but when I actually felt it, it was warm. Very uncomfortable feeling. Im nearly 4 months out from my last dose, I still get this sensation in my feet but not so freezing a feeling, more just cold now.

As for your sharp pains, I still get random sharp pains in my legs, feet, shoulders and back. I think its related to benzos being muscle relaxers and nerve irritation in our bodies.

I think I know what you are feeling! :hug:

Thank you. glad you got better than before.  It’s weird that my legs are ok with a heating pad but like I said, taking hot shower, even lukewarm for a short time causes the opposite effect. my skin sensor is being crazy. I think this has come from sciatica, which seems to be not uncommon during withdrawals.  I’m exhausted with it needing to change better positions of cushions in my bed to try to find the least painful place every night. It takes hours most of the time.  I have had nervous breakdown. 

• Love 1

[Th...]
3 hours ago, [[K...] said:

Thank you. glad you got better than before.  It’s weird that my legs are ok with a heating pad but like I said, taking hot shower, even lukewarm for a short time causes the opposite effect. my skin sensor is being crazy. I think this has come from sciatica, which seems to be not uncommon during withdrawals.  I’m exhausted with it needing to change better positions of cushions in my bed to try to find the least painful place every night. It takes hours most of the time.  I have had nervous breakdown. 

Our nervous system is definitely over excited after withdrawal which could explain your pain. Type of neuralgia maybe? I do hope this gets better for you. :hug:♥️

• Love 1