Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Finding hope at lower doses. Doom and gloom is not inevitable.

[Ma...]

I see lots of posts about people having struggles at lower doses, and I know that is all very valid.  However, as I look back on my taper so far, I started last July at 1.0 mg Clonazepam which I’d been on for almost 9 years.  I’ve had two really rough patches so far: 1.  my initial cut which was too big (1.0–>.75) and 2. trying a liquid taper last fall that was also too fast, leading me to updose back to 0.5 and hold for 2 months.  I’ve now gone slowly back down to .35 the last couple months and while I’ve had some bad days, I can honestly say I’m doing better on my taper now than I was when I started this process.  To me, this means healing is starting to take place.  MOST days I can get up, go to the gym, accomplish things, be out in public, etc. I know there will be rough times ahead, possibly worse than anything I’ve experienced to this point, but I need to hold onto this moment and remember it when those days come.  I/we are all getting better even when it doesn’t feel that way.  Maybe someone struggling right now needed to hear this so I just wanted to share.  

Edited by [Ma...]
Typo
  • Like 5

[Kr...]

@[Ma...] that’s very good. What age group are you? I guess I’m asking because it does factor into how our bodies respond to this process.

[Ma...]
49 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

What age group are you?

I’m 50 years old.   Got put on benzos when I was 40. 

• Like 1

[bu...]

so happy for you, how slow have you been going now? i am doing milk taper and i take 1ml a day out but now i have found even that too fast and have to go even slower : 0

[Ma...]
3 hours ago, [[b...] said:

so happy for you, how slow have you been going now? i am doing milk taper and i take 1ml a day out but now i have found even that too fast and have to go even slower : 0

I’m trying to cut something every 10 days or so but playing it by ear based on how I feel.  I’m generally aiming for 5-7% every 10-14 days.  I’ve taken smaller cuts and waited longer though.  Since February 1 I’ve gone from .5 to .35 which for me anyway seems like a reasonable pace.  

• Like 1

[bu...]
3 hours ago, [[M...] said:

I’m trying to cut something every 10 days or so but playing it by ear based on how I feel.  I’m generally aiming for 5-7% every 10-14 days.  I’ve taken smaller cuts and waited longer though.  Since February 1 I’ve gone from .5 to .35 which for me anyway seems like a reasonable pace.  

are you doing anything to help you, like brain retraining or therapy ect?

[Ma...]

Therapy, gym, trying to keep busy, anything that’ll distract me from this.  

• Like 1