Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

6 Days off

[ae...]

Hi everyone, i am new here :), basically a little back story i have suffered with GI problems for years extreme nausea, constipation, reflux ect i was on temazepam here and there to help with sleep ( extreme insomnia) i then was prescribed valium which i took for a month and then was swapped to lorazepam which i used for just over a month, because my pain was intense i also had a dental infection (all happening haha) so i was on oxycodone for just over a month as well (currently 12 days off of it) anyways, im 6 days off of lorazepam no taper i just stopped as it was having the opposite effect on me, gave me agoraphobia i couldn't talk to anyone face to face without wanting to be sick and just overall increased my anxiety, so i stopped, the first few days were incredibly difficult extreme anxiety worsening nausea reflux worse just a general feeling of panic alternating diarrhea and constipation, next few days weren't great but not as bad, today though i feel back to how i did the first couple days does this get any better :( also i only ever took those benzos as instructed i never took more than necessary or used them to feel a certain away although i was tempted lucky i didn't   

[Re...]

Hello @[ae...], welcome to BenzoBuddies from me! :)

I know that feeling all too well when not being able to look people in the eyes, it is so overwhelming. I know people here who have had the same symptoms we do. Mine has gotten better with time, but I can recall I had much difficulties with this symptom, wow. Still have it to some extent with social phobia. 

Our recovery seems to consist of windows and waves changing al the time. Eventually the windows will take over and remain open forever, but it may take time, though. 

You have quite the history with benzodiazepines, too, as I understand you don't take any benzos. A cold turkey from these medications is a very intense experience 

I have no experience when it comes to oxycodone, whatsoever. Have you consulted your doctor about maybe going back to Valium and taper off slowly, that way you could maybe regain some functionality. 

Take care, 

RR

@[ae...], sure, it does get better. Think you'll see it for yourself. But as ReubenRulph says our healing often comes in waves and windows. It means you feel better then, sometimes all of a sudden, worse, better again, etc till it's just constantly good and well) I'm still riding the rollercoaster but seem to be steadily slowing down) A bit unpredictable when and how long it takes but the recovery happens. And, unfortunately, taking benzo as prescribed doesn't mean you can't develop dependency and, as a result, the withdrawal. It was wise of you not to abuse the drug however tempted you could feel>:D

Good luck to you!):classic_smile: