Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Anxiety - Psychosis - Intrusive thoughts what is it?

[Pa...]

For the past 2 weeks I have had a loud laugh in my head or a scream every now and then that lasts for a few minutes and then goes away again. It's only extreme when I'm under a lot of stress, and it first appeared after I went back to work for the first week. I know it's not real, just what is it?

• Sad 1

[PE...]

Hi!

Audible hallucinations can be a wd symptom. Are you tapering or have stopped?

I think stress and anxiety can push the brain to do this.

• Like 1

[Pa...]

@[PE...]

Thx for your quick response, that was my first thought what i read but i was not sure. I am 3 months off now. It started in week 10 when i was back to work.

• Like 1

[PE...]

Ok.. as long the voices are not telling you to do things and you believe in them it's not a psychosis. But I can imagine very frightening. 

It's not a common symptom but it seems to happen.

[Pa...]

what i read that audible hallucinations are normal in wd. But ya its scary sometimes, but the Remeron keeps it at bay mostly.

• Like 1

[Pa...]

Its so crazy what our brains doing in withdrawal. I try to get myself busy and not think about to much. I Never had Problems like this before so it should be withdrawal.

In General my stress System is so hyperactive 

• Like 1

[Fi...]

Gosh yes, I    have had some weird like conversations going on sometimes in the morning if I    try to go back to sleep...very scary.  I    had it a several times that I    can recall.  The most recent for me was when I    finally got a scale and actually measured out the proper dose.  But have not had it since that I    can recall.

[Fi...]

I    am weighing my tablets to dose exactly opposed to trying to use a pill splitter alone and guess.  The weight of the portion of the pill is very important for me...I    am not doing anything tapering with liquid, just a dry cut method for now.

I    measure the full weight of the tablet and determine the mg dose I    need, then do the math.

It seems to be working alright, those symptoms came and went rather quickly but were very frightening.  I    am now suffering from a bit of paranoid thoughts and fear, but I    think this is just from tapering down.  No matter how little I    taper I    am symptomatic.  The last time I    went down I    only had a bad day or two...this time it seems to be hitting me pretty harshly in comparison.  It is so unpredictable for me.  I    wish I    was off this poison and could think more clearly again.  

I    am going to hold where I    am at now for a while until I    feel better.

So to answer your first question I    have not discontinued the medication yet, I    am still in a taper.  I    am currently taking about 10.2mg daily of valium.  It is very difficult to decrease.  I    am starting to feel defeated and hopeless.

Love,

Fierce

[Pa...]

@[Fi...]

Ok i understand, that is the reason i take remeron. My CNS is so hyperactive 24/7 its horrible. Remeron calms me down to the Point i can feel normal for a couple hours.

I know its a tough fight but we can heal. Have you ever think about to go on a Antidepressant? In my Experience its a way easier to come of AD then Benzos, still not easy but compared to Benzos a cakewalk. I mean everyone its different but maybe a Option to make it a little more doable for you.

stay strong and message me whenever you need some positive vibes 😃