Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

How to going to work with withdrawal?

[Pa...]

Hey everyone,

I'm wondering how I'm going to go to work with my withdrawal symptoms. The slightest bit of stress triggers extreme anxiety and other symptoms. I don't want to lose my job but I have no other solution. I could apply for sick pay, but I don't know how long my company will support it. I'm pretty stumped.

[ne...]

I totally understand and selected a remote position largely due to this. You can only do your best and if that doesn't work applying for sick pay or some sort of temporary disability could be helpful. It's so hard...I understand as ANY stressor throws me for a major loop as well. Are you off or tapering? So many factors to take into account. 

[Pa...]
Posted (edited)

@[ne...]

Ya i took Xanax for 2-3 months and after 6 months i was ok. Then my anxiety came back and i took a GABA supplement for 3 months and quit. Now i am off GABA and the withdrawal feels even more horrible then the benzos… 

I am off GABA since 11 weeks now

Edited by [Pa...]

You could try intermittent fasting in such as waiting till after work to eat. Eat beef before bed and you won't be hungry till after work. This assumes you anxiety is in your belly. 

When I did this to get through, if I did eat at work it would be late in the shift and a small portion.

[PE...]
51 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

@[ne...]

Ya i took Xanax for 2-3 months and after 6 months i was ok. Then my anxiety came back and i took a GABA supplement for 3 months and quit. Now i am off GABA and the withdrawal feels even more horrible then the benzos… 

I am off GABA since 11 weeks now

Sounds like an awful situation. What GABA supplements wete you on? Phenibut?

[Pa...]

@[PE...]

It was just a supplement you can buy on Amazon etc. It was between 500-1000mg da day. I thought it was a good idea. Later on i realize it was not the best idea. Benzos are bind on the GABA receptors, GABA supplements give you a higher Level of GABA in your Brain and body. So the withdrawal is nearly the same in my case feels even worse then the Benzo withdrawal. 

• Like 1

[PE...]
4 hours ago, [[P...] said:

@[PE...]

It was just a supplement you can buy on Amazon etc. It was between 500-1000mg da day. I thought it was a good idea. Later on i realize it was not the best idea. Benzos are bind on the GABA receptors, GABA supplements give you a higher Level of GABA in your Brain and body. So the withdrawal is nearly the same in my case feels even worse then the Benzo withdrawal. 

Yeah I know about all that. You shout take care of those poor receptors. It's a easy mistake to do..