Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

¿Does paranoia ever go away?.

[Lo...]

I have 21 months CT of Clonazepam after 4 years of use 6 mg per day. Still with many psychological and physical symptoms. The one that worries me the most is the extreme paranoia that seems to be related to the anxiety of getting off benzos. I can't be with anyone, even my family because I suspect they are constantly looking at me and judging me. Every time I pass by the side of my house that the neighbor's house is visible, I suspect that the neighbor is constantly watching me, when I pass by the side of my sister's room, the same thing happens to me, I think that my sister is watching me. constantly looking out the windows. Even when I'm sitting at the table chatting with my mother, I can't concentrate on what we're talking about, because my mind doesn't stop thinking "When I'm gone, my mother will be watching me constantly", my mind gets tangled up in thoughts. paranoid I'm paranoid 24/7, even inside my house, I can't do anything without suspecting my sister who is in the room, that she might think about what I'm doing. It makes me think that when the extreme anxiety subsides, this paranoia will go away. This didn't happen to me before benzos and it didn't happen when I took them. ¿Can you give me good support so that this paranoia will disappear?. 

[Bu...]

Hey @[Lo...],

I am so sorry that you are still dealing with this, but if you didn't have it before, I really think it will fade with time.  I know it takes way longer than what we want or that it seems like it should, though.  I haven't had paranoia to the level you have, but I have had it somewhat and there are days when it is much better.  I think we all get something that we just really struggle with (for me it's the insomnia, it drives me crazy).  It just seems different from person to person.

Please hang in there. ❤

• Like 1

[Lo...]
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

Ey@[Bu...],

Lamento mucho que todavía estés lidiando con esto, pero si no lo tuviste antes, realmente creo que desaparecerá con el tiempo. Sin embargo, sé que lleva mucho más tiempo de lo que queremos o que parece que debería hacerlo. No he tenido paranoia al nivel que tú tienes, pero sí un poco y hay días que es mucho mejor. Creo que todos tenemos algo con lo que realmente luchamos (para mí es el insomnio, me vuelve loco). Simplemente parece diferente de persona a persona.

Por favor, aguanta. ❤

I want to clarify this so that it is better understood. After approximately the second year of taking Clonazepam and other psychiatric drugs, I began to have "paranoid ideas", but not to this level (I had not realized that I was in tolerance to the medication), I could be functional without any problem, work, go out of my house, etc., I had thoughts that people were looking at me on the street but nothing compared to what happens to me now. I told my therapists and they never understood me, I went to a lot of therapists, I spent too much money on psychologists and psychiatrists. My psychiatrists increasingly added more pills and/or increased my doses of benzos, because I was experiencing terrible rage, agoraphobia, I was fighting with everyone, they prescribed me antidepressants, antipsychotics, mood stabilizers among many others. Anyway, the paranoia continued for the next 2 years, but when I stopped benzos completely, extreme anxiety set in (I never had anxiety in my life) and the paranoia went through the roof to the point of being super paranoid as I described. in the publication. Therefore, I want you to understand that these drugs made me paranoid, I'm just worried that it will take so long for this symptom to disappear. I am improving a lot, little by little I see a light in the tunnel, that is something that encourages me to continue fighting, because I did not see these improvements in the first year free of benzos. Sorry if my English is bad, I'm from Argentina. I hope you understand well how these damn pills affected me.

Edited by [Lo...]

[Bu...]

@[Lo...],

I think I understand.  You are saying the pills caused your paranoia, yes?  Is so, than I think that it will continue to get better and better, especially since you have seen improvement.  I am so sorry that it is such a slow process. 

[Lo...]

That's right. After years of taking clonazepam and other psychiatric drugs, I began to have crazy symptoms like paranoia, agoraphobia, anger, and rage. But that paranoia that appeared was nothing compared to the extreme paranoia that I have now since I quit benzos, you understand? Yes, I am seeing great improvements, which I did not see in all the years I took benzos, that is what encourages me to continue fighting. I still have a feeling of shortness of breath, panic attacks, tachycardia, rage, Dp/Dr, blurred vision, mental confusion, pressure in the head, stiffness in the hands and legs, involuntary movements with the head and hand, my teeth creaking before falling asleep, extreme anxiety, obsessive thoughts, unwanted thoughts, intrusive thoughts and many more symptoms that I have never experienced in my life.

[Bu...]

I do understand.  I have been off for 7 months and have experienced many of the things you are talking about and still have most of them.  I didn't have them before benzos either.

9 hours ago, [[L...] said:

Yes, I am seeing great improvements, which I did not see in all the years I took benzos, that is what encourages me to continue fighting.

Me, too, my friend. 

• Like 1