Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

CNS/Anxiety

[Pa...]

Whats your experience with the CNS in withdrawal? For me just a little bit of stress, trigger intrusive thoughts and very bad anxiety. Everything feels so edgy.

[ns...]

Interesting you titled this Cns/anxiety. 

I feel the connection from anxiety to my cns. It's electrical or digital sort of. Like tiny fibers of nerves sparking off throughout my brain and body. Like from my skin, to deep into my muscles, my being. Sparklers we used to.use for 4th of July here. I feel.like I have sparklers going off all over me.

I can't have stress, it Revs up my symptoms so fast. Being out of breath revs up these symptoms.  It's so odd!

My skin feels tight, dry but it's not. Tension rules everything. My cns is lit up and it means it!

It's tough these days to change my focus away from the symptoms but I can do it. Buy not as well. 

I get so frustrated so easily because I can't control my body thevway I want. I have hypersensitivity and hyperactivity, coordination is way off so just using my fingers is difficult to direct. 

It's a journey for sure. Our brain is healing. I'm ready for healing now!

Take care 

Ns

[An...]

For me, it is mostly anxiety, tight chest, tight throat, heart palps, and insomnia. I very seldom get panic attacks anymore.

• Like 1

[OD...]

My CNS is extremely overly-sensitive to most things, this has actually been one of the more challenging issues as it carries over into most areas of my life.

Sounds, like a door shutting or tires screeching outside make my heart go racing.

Foods like tea or dark chocolate, even the small amount of caffeine in decaf coffee, make me very anxious.

Supplements like B-Vitamins trigger panic, and Vitamin D & Magnesium give me terrible mood swings for about 24 hours. Can't take my allergy meds or TRT for the same reasons, very bad mood swings.

Auditory wise, I have to be careful with music... anything too fast or aggressive gets me too revved up, and can lead to heart palps and anxiety.

Following a "low stimulus" lifestyle has been very helpful - Only slow, calm music, only relaxing or older whimsical tv shows, only relatively bland, single-ingredient foods, doing things slowly and making sure I don't find myself in a rush etc.