Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Clonazepam tolerance

[Vi...]

After only 4 months' presription;0.25, I face tolerance of clonazepam. My doctor sugessted to increase dosage. But I dont want to. If I dont increase and just keep this amount, what will happen?? I am cofused...tolerance symptom is like window and wave but not severe...Just feeling this medicine doesnt work either, like insomnia and headache...I think speed of tolerance is too fast and so embarrased and much afraid...:-[

Edited by [Vi...]

[An...]

Hi @[Vi...] and welcome to BB. If I were in your shoes, I would not follow your doctor's suggestion to just raise the K dosage. It may work for a little while but you will eventually become tolerant to the new dose. Why was the klonopin initially prescribed to you? What problem were you having? Did the .25 mgs work pretty good at first? You have not been on very long and your dose is not big. These are pluses IMO if you decide to w/d now. I personally think the longer you have been on this stuff at higher doses, the harder it is to detox once you become tolerant and sick.

[Vi...]

Because of tinnitus, my doctor prescirbed Klonopin and Zanapam. And i've been tapering 10% Zanapam for 1month slowly. Now what do I have to do?? Tapering Klonopin first and Zanapam next??

If you're feeling inter dose symptoms at  .25 and at such a short term it sounds like benzos are not for you. Read some of the hundreds of testimonials on here of how bad it can get.  I suggest you don't mess around with benzos. 

Your lucky to have found this site so soon into your benzos hell.

Edited by [...]
  • Love 1

[Vi...]
Posted (edited)

I tried to cut K last month so experienced Cold Turkey. Then i retook the same dosage. I think that's why i face tolerance very fast.

Edited by [Vi...]