Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

15 months since CT. Not protracted yet, symptoms less severe but ...

[Bi...]

I'm worried I'll be left with symptoms for years because I cold turkeyed.

Symptoms have eased, changed, completely gone and some came back. They are less severe but please tell me BIND heals? My quality of life is fading because I can't plan anything in case I'm in a wave. Please anyone in a similar place or have healed??

Edited by [Bi...]

[PE...]

As I understand there is no actual proven science that point to that. I CT 6 months ago and I can see big improvement over this time. 

And I'm not alone. Other buddies that CT also healing.

I'm not healed but much better. I know it can turn on me but I'm not waiting for it.

Sorry you're in agony but I don't think you should worry about the CT you did. You put up a good fight snd you should be proud of yourself 😊😊

• Like 3
  • Love 1

[Ra...]

Birdy

the symptoms will continue to improve. The waves get a lot better as you are gettting closer. It’s not forever!  You are close.   

Ranch

• Like 2
  • Love 1

[Ma...]

What symptoms do you have, especially in a wave?

I believe you are almost there as, from what I understand, 18 months is the ticket!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[Nu...]
4 hours ago, [[B...] said:

They are less severe but please tell me BIND heals? My quality of life is fading because I can't plan anything in case I'm in a wave. Please anyone in a similar place or have healed??

To my knowledge, there is not any evidence to say that you won't heal because you did a cold turkey. Yes, a cold turkey does seem to cause a more difficult journey for many, but there's nothing that says you won't heal because you were put through a CT.

I was CT'd multiple times over a few years and see progress. I have faith you'll heal. Keep the faith yourself!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

[ne...]

Just know you're not alone! 15 months off, struggling and hoping for the best :) 

• Love 1

[Ho...]

Hi @[Bi...], just wanted to add my two cents worth, because just last night I realized that I've been almost denying I'm getting better because I'm not all the way better yet. Plus I had all these reasons/justifications as to why I'm not fully healed yet, same as you do with your concern that because you cold-turkeyed, you may not get completely better!

Nah. You're going in exactly the right direction. You're just where you're supposed to be is my guess. Just not where you want to be or thought you'd be! Frankly part of healing is coming to grips with the mind games we play on ourselves. Unwittingly play, but play all the same. Partly because we've never been through this before and have NO framework for what this healing looks like, and partly because we find it hard to celebrate these tiny incremental steps in our healing process. So we sort of miss them.

You yourself used the phrase 'some eased'. 'Completely gone'. 'Less severe'. Try, oh try and I'm trying too, to celebrate the healings you recognize and try not to let the 'some came back' rule the roost. You're definitely healing. I was reading something in one of Baylissa's statements about the number of people she's seen and it amounts to something like 17,000. All healed. ALL healed.

Yesterday I almost hit the panic button. I prayed. It came to me that I wasn't willing to look at the steps forward. So I'm telling you something I just came to last night, but am certain is true. You're already getting better. Something to celebrate, especially on Easter! 

Warmly,

HCHC

• Like 2
  • Love 1

[Bi...]
On 31/03/2024 at 23:30, [[M...] said:

What symptoms do you have, especially in a wave?

I believe you are almost there as, from what I understand, 18 months is the ticket!!

Hi Mary

Current symptoms are head/ ear pressure, occasional RLS, extreme weakness, nausea, palpitations ,vertigo, sound sensitivity and food sensitivity. They are the main ones. Many symptoms have gone, especially depressive feelings and anxiety/ rage) I think I used to have about 40 symptoms  earlier on)but it scares me that I'm.not healed by now. I really want to live life NOW but still can't 😢

• Like 1

[Bi...]
On 31/03/2024 at 23:04, [[R...] said:

Birdy

the symptoms will continue to improve. The waves get a lot better as you are gettting closer. It’s not forever!  You are close.   

Ranch

Thank you

[Bi...]
On 01/04/2024 at 02:52, [[n...] said:

Just know you're not alone! 15 months off, struggling and hoping for the best :) 

Good luck! I hope you heal soon

[Bi...]
On 31/03/2024 at 21:35, [[P...] said:

As I understand there is no actual proven science that point to that. I CT 6 months ago and I can see big improvement over this time. 

And I'm not alone. Other buddies that CT also healing.

I'm not healed but much better. I know it can turn on me but I'm not waiting for it.

Sorry you're in agony but I don't think you should worry about the CT you did. You put up a good fight snd you should be proud of yourself 😊😊

Thank you!

[Bi...]
On 01/04/2024 at 02:07, [[N...] said:

To my knowledge, there is not any evidence to say that you won't heal because you did a cold turkey. Yes, a cold turkey does seem to cause a more difficult journey for many, but there's nothing that says you won't heal because you were put through a CT.

I was CT'd multiple times over a few years and see progress. I have faith you'll heal. Keep the faith yourself!

Thank you!

[Rh...]

You WILL heal with more time even if you did cold turkey.  Everyone says we all heal but the timeline is different for each individual.

Hold onto the faith and hope that it’s just around the corner and you have already felt and seen improvements in just this short time.

I know how hard it is to live day to day and not be able to plan or predict anything, but one day you’ll realize it’s been awhile since you had symptoms and you’ll be living life again.  

This too shall pass!!!

• Like 3
  • Love 1