Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

5 months out still obsessing over benzo residue

Hi guys so im 5 month out most my physical symptoms are gone but im still terrified of benzo residues that might be on objects. Please someone tell me how can i get over this ? I lost everything i had because of this ! My hands hurt from overwashing everyday ! I have 5 months left to move houses but what do i do till then :’( im soo tierd guys this is driving me insane. I changed most of my stuff but i cant afford to change my phone right now and i feel like i have it all over my phone :’( this ocd thing gets worse dureing waves i just dont know what to do anymore….

Hi ns thank you soo much for the suggestion :smitten: Yes i try to distract  but the thoughts wont go away and i get it specially when i try to eat or prepare food its soo frustrateing i feel like even the tiniest amount of residue will ruine my recovery but i know its all in my head becoz of the trauma i went through  🥺  and i will check out the videos thank you :hug:sending you lots of healing and positive vibes :smitten:

• Like 1

[Bu...]

Hi @[...],

Gosh, I'm sorry you're struggling with this.  That's just miserable.  Did you deal with any OCD before you were exposed to benzos?   I would think that it would only make it worse.  If you didn't, then it will probably fizzle out on its own.  Either way, maybe at this point some type of therapy, CBT or another type might be helpful for managing those thoughts?  Just something to consider trying maybe, if for nothing else, than for the sake of your hands.

Hang in there. :hug:

[Ka...]

Hello @[...] you’ve done great to be 5 months out.

Sorry for the thoughts & worries & OCD type things going on. I wonder about therapy too to help you recover fully from all that’s happened. It may just be worth exploring. take good care