Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help on How to cross over to Teva brand Lorazepam from leading brand? Difference in pill weight and ingredients.

[ns...]

I'm having to switch over to Teva brand lorazepam from Leading brand. The pill weights are different. The ingredients are also different amounts from what I've read on other bb posts.

Need help figuring out what the equivalent of Teva is to the leading brand lorazepam. 

Can someone help with this please?

Thank you

[Li...]

Hello @[ns...].

Have you already picked up the prescription?  If not, have you tried calling other pharmacies to see if they can fill your prescription with Leading?  If so, you could have your prescription transferred.

If you have already picked up the Teva tablets, here’s what members will need to know to assist you:

(1) What is the strength of the Teva tablets?  In other words, how many milligrams of active ingredient do they contain? Teva is supplied in tablets that contain 0.5mg, 1mg, and 2mg of lorazepam (the active ingredient).

(2) What is the average weight of 10 of the Teva tablets? (Be sure to include the unit of measurement - grams or milligrams.)

(3) What is your current daily dosing schedule?

If you have been calculating your doses using the weight of the active ingredient in the Leading tablets, how many milligrams of the active ingredient are you taking at what times?

If you have been calculating your doses based on pill weight:

• What is the strength of the Leading tablets you have been using?
  • What is the average weight of the Leading tablets? (Be sure to include the unit of measurement - grams or milligrams.)
  • What is your daily dosing schedule in pill weight?  How many milligrams (or grams) have you been taking at what times?

Once you’ve provided the above information, I’m sure one or more members will be along to help you. (I do not have personal experience with pill shaving/weighing so it will be better to wait for members who do to respond.)

[ns...]
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

Hello @[ns...].

Have you already picked up the prescription?  If not, have you tried calling other pharmacies to see if they can fill your prescription with Leading?  If so, you could have your prescription transferred.

If you have already picked up the Teva tablets, here’s what members will need to know to assist you:

(1) What is the strength of the Teva tablets?  In other words, how many milligrams of active ingredient do they contain? Teva is supplied in tablets that contain 0.5mg, 1mg, and 2mg of lorazepam (the active ingredient).

(2) What is the average weight of 10 of the Teva tablets? (Be sure to include the unit of measurement - grams or milligrams.)

(3) What is your current daily dosing schedule?

If you have been calculating your doses using the weight of the active ingredient in the Leading tablets, how many milligrams of the active ingredient are you taking at what times?

If you have been calculating your doses based on pill weight:

• What is the strength of the Leading tablets you have been using?
  • What is the average weight of the Leading tablets? (Be sure to include the unit of measurement - grams or milligrams.)
  • What is your daily dosing schedule in pill weight?  How many milligrams (or grams) have you been taking at what times?

Once you’ve provided the above information, I’m sure one or more members will be along to help you. (I do not have personal experience with pill shaving/weighing so it will be better to wait for members who do to respond.)

Thank u Libertas!

Yes I already have them. 

Please Remember, I'm no good in math.  I'm using a smart weigh gram scale. I thought it was a mg scale. Empty it reads, 0.000g

Im in terrible withdrawal symptoms so please be patient ok thank, you guys!

Using this scale. 

Leading tabs:

1mg lorazepam tabs 

10 tabs =1.208

1 tab

Average 0.121

Teva brand

1mg lorazapam tabs

10 tabs=1.180

1 tab

Average 0.119 ?

Current dose, pill weight

0.019mg 4x per day, lorazapam leading brand 

5am 0.019

11am 0.019

5pm 0.019

11pm 0.019

What will my new Teva brand dose be? 😊 

Thank you anyone!

Edited by [ns...]
Addition

[Fo...]

The Teva and leading brand are pretty much the the same weight and are the same strength. To get the same dose of lorazepam from your Teva as were getting from the leading, multiply the weight of leading that you are taking by 1.08.This will give you the weight of Teva tablet that you need to take to get the same dose of lorazepam that you're getting from the leading. Hope this helps you . 

Edited by [Fo...]

[Fo...]

I did the calculation using the average weight that you gave,  for  10 pills in each case. So your dose of Teva will be 0.019 x 1.08 =0.02052, or as close as you can get to that using your scales. Good luck. 

Edited by [Fo...]

[ns...]
7 hours ago, [[F...] said:

I did the calculation using the average weight that you gave,  for  10 pills in each case. So your dose of Teva will be 0.019 x 1.08 =0.02052, or as close as you can get to that using your scales. Good luck. 

Thanks @Foolishboy,

If I'm understanding you correctly. My new dose would be just over or at 0.020 correct if I round it off, closer to 0.021 is this right?

[El...]

Please don't get bogged down in the math, but I believe you need to first calculate the dose you are taking of the Leading tablets. You would do this by the following equation: 1/.1208 = x/0.019. Solving for x = 0.1573 mg for each of your four doses. Then you would apply that number to your new Teva tablets by: 1/.118 = 0.1573/×. Solving for x = 0.01858 grams. This is what you need to weigh on your scale. Since you only have 3 decimal places on your scale, you will need to round. To get the closest Teva dose to your current Leading tablet dose, it would probably be best to take 0.019, 0.019, 0.018, and 0.018 gram Teva doses. This will result in an approximately 0.5% decrease in dosage…but it probably the closest you are doing to get with the differences in pill weights.

Just a side note. I have found that, if I have extra pills from my preceeding perscription from a different brand, I do are gradual shift. I dose 3 times per day. So, for example, if I have a new prescription, I first start using my new brand at my afternoon dose. I do that for a couple of days, then start using my new brand in the evening for a couple of days. Then I finally move entirely to the new brand. I have never had trouble switching brands. It could be that I am just not sensitive to the switch or this method is working…not sure. But, it is worth a try.

Hope this helps.

[ns...]
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

Please don't get bogged down in the math, but I believe you need to first calculate the dose you are taking of the Leading tablets. You would do this by the following equation: 1/.1208 = x/0.019. Solving for x = 0.1573 mg for each of your four doses. Then you would apply that number to your new Teva tablets by: 1/.118 = 0.1573/×. Solving for x = 0.01858 grams. This is what you need to weigh on your scale. Since you only have 3 decimal places on your scale, you will need to round. To get the closest Teva dose to your current Leading tablet dose, it would probably be best to take 0.019, 0.019, 0.018, and 0.018 gram Teva doses. This will result in an approximately 0.5% decrease in dosage…but it probably the closest you are doing to get with the differences in pill weights.

Just a side note. I have found that, if I have extra pills from my preceeding perscription from a different brand, I do are gradual shift. I dose 3 times per day. So, for example, if I have a new prescription, I first start using my new brand at my afternoon dose. I do that for a couple of days, then start using my new brand in the evening for a couple of days. Then I finally move entirely to the new brand. I have never had trouble switching brands. It could be that I am just not sensitive to the switch or this method is working…not sure. But, it is worth a try.

Hope this helps.

Thank you @EllieM 

I have saved some of the others. I saw an earlier post where u mentioned this and I will definitely do a gradual cross over to Teva. 

Thanks for your calculations 

I got it!

You and Foolishboy have helped me more than you know! I'm grateful!

Thank you😊

Edited by [ns...]
Correction

[ns...]
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

Hope this helps.

EllieM,

Did you mean 2 different doses per day? Just need to clarify this?

0.019 x2, and 0.018 x2?

Edited by [ns...]
Correction

[El...]

I dose 3 times per day rather than 4 times per day as you do.  My doses are 0.025, 0.025 and 0.025 grams each dose.  Is that what you mean?

[El...]

I am sorry!  I think I misunderstood you.  Yes, you take 2 doses of 0.019 grams and two doses of 0.018 grams!

Edited by [El...]
Spelling
  • Like 1

[ns...]
7 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

EllieM,

Did you mean 2 different doses per day? Just need to clarify this?

0.019 x2, and 0.018 x2?

Hi EllieM,

you said

To get the closest Teva dose to your current Leading tablet dose, it would probably be best to take 0.019, 0.019, 0.018, and 0.018 gram Teva doses. This will result in an approximately 0.5% decrease in dosage…but it probably the closest you are doing to get with the differences in pill weights.

Do you mean take 1 dose of 0.019 twice per day and 1 dose of 0.018 twice per day? As I do take my dose 4x per day unfortunately. 

Currently I take one 0.019 dose 4x per day.

So I would now have two different weight doses per day right?

[ns...]
3 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

I am sorry!  I think I misunderstood you.  Yes, you take 2 doses of 0.019 grams and two doses of 0.018 grams!

Ok, just confirming. 

Thank u EllieM 💓 

[Fo...]
18 hours ago, [[n...] said:

Thanks @Foolishboy,

If I'm understanding you correctly. My new dose would be just over or at 0.020 correct if I round it off, closer to 0.021 is this right?

Yep. Spot on.👍Then taper from there with your Teva tablets at whatever rate you think is best for you. Best of luck.

Edited by [Fo...]
  • Like 1