Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Extreme CNS response to Covid

[Li...]

After many months of feeling better I’ve been in a bit of a wave the last few weeks but has mostly been manageable. Now as of this past Sunday I have Covid and my nervous system is revved up to 11 and it’s staying revved up. Nothing I’ve done has helped. I’m in a state of disbelief that after feeling much better I’m pulled back into withdrawal symptoms but I’m really struggling right now with this Covid experience. Has anyone else had a CNS response during your Covid sickness where you stayed in a heightened sense of anxiety with bad heart palpitations, paresthesia, and akathisia where nothing seems to calm it? I just developed this this morning and I’ve not had a very good day from it. Any advice would be appreciated. 

I had covid while being in tolerance and, yes, i developed a bunch of cns responses during it and for some time afterwards. Some of them were like yours. I mostly got better over time except those issues that were partly of interdose wd kind. They started to fade when i finished my tapering though.

To tell the truth, i'm not sure what is better to be done here, just as little medication, especially of a psychotropic sort, as possible bc that was my crucial mistake. I think, based on my experience, the symptoms most probably will leave you for good even by themselves. 

Smooth healing to you, @[Li...]!)

Edited by [...]
  • Like 1

[Co...]

I had covid around 3 1/2 weeks ago , and I had come in this forum to ask if it made anyone’s withdraw symptoms worse because it sure did mine . I felt like everything amplified x 10. It  was very discouraging , normal day to day things we endure through this process is bad enough so anything extra is so rough . I had the palpitations , the extreme anxiety , then fatigue was much worse , just kept lingering , I felt  so unwell in general . Fortunately several weeks later I am beginning to recover thank God , so give yourself some time and it will start to improve . I had the head issues with it to , felt like the back of my head was being squeezed by a band , tingling also . 

• Like 2

[Br...]

Hi @[Li...] -I'm sorry your symptoms have been revved up with Covid.  This is really common. Our systems are so hypersensitive during withdrawal our equilibrium can be thrown off by stress.   All sorts of stressors can do this including illnesses like Covid and flu, or conflicts with other people, financial challenges, exercising too hard, etc.  I had a major uptick in symptoms after surgery a couple of years ago - I had been stable for many months. 

The good news is that your system has found equilibrium before and it will find it again.  I'm sure you feel lousy but please don't become too discouraged.  You will heal from this. It takes time but it will happen.

• Like 1

[Ch...]

Sorry you’ve had such an uptick in symptoms. Neurological problems are common with Covid even in the absence of benzo wd. What helps most is radical rest for 12 weeks if you can manage it. Try to cut activity and stimulation to as close to zero as possible. This will also minimize the possibility that you’ll develop Long Covid. Hope this helps!