Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Alcohol

[Kr...]

I haven’t tried alcohol with this. I probably will not. My question is what does it usually do that is terrible, just increases intensity of symptoms?

sorry if this is stupid question 

[Ma...]

Don’t risk it-just don’t.

You’ll hear ‘some can tolerate it’, ‘it just makes me feel a little rotten 1 day’, ‘will just take a little longer to heal’….

The responses you won’t read are those that go into akathesia, protracted, psychosis or end up with toxic encephalopathy.

Don’t risk it.

• Like 2

[wi...]
1 hour ago, [[M...] said:

Don’t risk it-just don’t.

You’ll hear ‘some can tolerate it’, ‘it just makes me feel a little rotten 1 day’, ‘will just take a little longer to heal’….

The responses you won’t read are those that go into akathesia, protracted, psychosis or end up with toxic encephalopathy.

Don’t risk it.

I agree with Mary, it isn’t worth the risk. ❤️

• Like 2

[Ta...]
2 hours ago, [[K...] said:

I haven’t tried alcohol with this. I probably will not. My question is what does it usually do that is terrible, just increases intensity of symptoms?

sorry if this is stupid question 

I bought some chocolate chips to make a glaze for a cake, and I opened the bag and started snacking on them. I started to shake from head to toe, and got more and more dizzy and agitated. The room started spinning! I grabbed the bag and read the ingredients. Number one was "chocolate liquor!" I threw them away immediately. That little bit of alcohol really did me in. I'm extremely careful about reading labels now AND avoiding alcohol completely!

Wish you all the best!

[Ch...]
On 27/03/2024 at 18:54, [[T...] said:

I bought some chocolate chips to make a glaze for a cake, and I opened the bag and started snacking on them. I started to shake from head to toe, and got more and more dizzy and agitated. The room started spinning! I grabbed the bag and read the ingredients. Number one was "chocolate liquor!" I threw them away immediately. That little bit of alcohol really did me in. I'm extremely careful about reading labels now AND avoiding alcohol completely!

Wish you all the best!

Hi. Chocolate liquor does not contain alcohol. The word liquor is used in the old sense of "liquid" or "fluid." It is, however, roughly 6% tannins, which is likely what caused your agitated reaction. Hot black tea, which has roughly 11-15% tannins, causes me the same type of reaction. (Different teas have varying amounts of tannins. For example, green tea has under 3%).

Chocolate liqueur, on the other hand, is an alcoholic beverage.

I hope that helps.

• Like 1

[Lo...]

I wouldn't risk drinking alcohol until I was 100% free of symptoms and I would even doubt it. Probably if you drink to get drunk, you will feel good under the influence of alcohol but the next day, you may feel that you are going backwards in the process, it is best to stay clean from all substances and drugs.

• Like 2