Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Symptoms violently and rapidly cycling

[dj...]

I am 18 months off benzos and the past 3-4 months have easily been the worst.  At this point, I am rapidly and violently cycling through my worst symptoms.  

What is the conventional thinking around rapid cycling?  Is it just a really bad wave?  Sign of a window to come?  Do I need to look for help?

It worries me because there is just no predictability to anything anymore.  My symptoms have always been up and down, in and out, but this is that on steroids.  

Edited by [dj...]

[Ma...]

I’ve heard, read time and time again that this rapid cycling means you’re almost through it-the last surge!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🤞🙏

[Pi...]

I had really bad symptoms a few month ago.  Just a lot of cycling of symptoms and I sort of collapsed on my bed and tried nasal breathing  because I was out of ideas and it seemed to work. It just slowed everything down.  The next day I was in a window.  I know it’s not much but it’s all I’ve got.

Edited by [Pi...]

[dj...]
12 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

I’ve heard, read time and time again that this rapid cycling means you’re almost through it-the last surge!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🤞🙏

That would certainly be wonderful but I am very skeptical.  No choice but to have hope though.  

The way things were for a year would be to have a set of symptoms that would last 3-4 days at an average clip (although it seemed intense then) and then exchange that for another set of symptoms.  It’s all gotten incredibly volatile lately.  I worry that I’m just further destabilized.  

[Ma...]

Have you taken or done anything out of the norm to destabilize you?

After all this time, my money is healing is around the corner!!

Edited by [Ma...]

[dj...]
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

Have you taken or done anything out of the norm to destabilize you?

After all this time, my money is healing is around the corner!!

No.  Nothing just happened over night either.  My physical symptoms have gotten progressively worse since I jumped 18 months ago.  That’s an objective truth too, not just recency bias and me being exhausted by all this.  So, I just worry if this volatility is part of that continued trend.  

Edited by [dj...]