Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

People on Clonazepam: When do you feel your cuts?

[Ma...]

Just curious what people’s experiences are, whether you’re cutting every week or two weeks or whatever, when do u feel the cuts as far as WD symptoms?  I’ve been trying to get a handle on this since I started and to be honest I feel like mine are pretty unpredictable.  I just passed the point on my taper where I crashed last November (.375 mg) and am trying to be cautious but also not to overthink it.  Trying to go every 10-14 days, 3-6% depending on how I feel.  

[Ru...]

@[Ma...]I'm down to .375 mg (from 1 - 1.5 mg), cutting an 1/8 every two weeks. My experience so far has been that day 5/6 after I reduce is when I feel the worst and I'm laying around or in bed most of those two days. Day 7 I'm back to being functional again. I'm hoping that as I continue to taper it stays this way.

What dose are you currently on?

[Ma...]
Posted (edited)

I’m on .375 and doing pretty small cuts.  I cut 4 days ago and slept like garbage last 2 nights.  I suspect I’m gonna be pretty non functional today.  Hopefully I can stabilize in a few more days.  Sounds like you’re cutting pretty fast @[Ru...], hope you’re able to continue at that pace but don’t be afraid to slow down as you get lower.  

Edited by [Ma...]

[Ru...]
2 hours ago, [[M...] said:

I’m on .375 and doing pretty small cuts.  I cut 4 days ago and slept like garbage last 2 nights.  I suspect I’m gonna be pretty non functional today.  Hopefully I can stabilize in a few more days.  Sounds like you’re cutting pretty fast @[Ru...], hope you’re able to continue at that pace but don’t be afraid to slow down as you get lower.  

@[Ma...] I made the mistake of going ct in Feb. A week later I reinstated .5 mg and was able to stabilize and started my taper 14 days later. My next cut is supposed to be Monday as I feel fine now. I pray it continues like this, but will not hesitate to my taper longer when necessary.

The last two nights I've had some difficulty sleeping. I'm guessing that as I go lower this issue will increase.

Are you taking it once a day or splitting the dosage throughout?

[Ma...]
3 hours ago, [[R...] said:

Are you taking it once a day or splitting the dosage throughout?

Once a day at night.  

• Like 1