Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Is this tolerance withdrawal?

[ha...]

When I started my taper over a year ago, I always cut at the same midday dose at the same time, by .125, every 4 weeks on a Monday. Yesterday was my Monday to cut but I figured what's one more day? Well am hr. Before my cut my brain was craving the cut, strongly. I decided to hold one day and yesterday I felt strange! I have to take my morning dose because I'm experiencing interdose withdrawals at the same time. My question is is this tolerance withdrawal? as I'm writing this my brain is really craving my cut of .125 and can missing my cut by one day be destabilizing? The month before last I was destabilized by a midday updose of .125 and I only did that 1 single day! It caused interdose withdrawals and last month I tried to hold one day and got a paradoxical reaction. I had withdrawal symptoms after the dose, so the next day I cut by .063 and I had both interdose and tolerance withdrawal but each seemed tolerable for that one day I tried it. I still craved the cut the next day, so I did my full cut of .125 and I no longer had tolerance withdrawal but the interdose really sucked pretty ruggedly for about five days and then just sucked like normal but were much more manageable interdose withdrawals continued the second week but was slowly settling and now I've got to start it all over. Would it help to reduce by .063 every 2 weeks instead of .125 all at once even if there is some tolerance withdrawal there if this is tolerance withdrawal? If I did that I would be able to go back to cutting .125 all at once, right? If I stay the course and just cut at the full .125 like I'm used to doing will it start to even out or would it be harder each subsequent month or easier? I'm currently at 6mg clonazepam. 300mg gabapentin with each dose. 

[PE...]

Hi and welcome to benzobuddies :balloon:

If it's tolerance wd or just withdrawal symptoms for slowly decreasing your dose i don't know. Either way it's bound to happen sometime. For most people symptoms comes and goes in no real order or reason.

Worrying and analysing symptoms is what seems the most common and strongest one of all symptoms. Trying to accept the fact that it is just symptoms and will pass is hard when in the thick of it but try it.

Good work keep on fighting!

Edited by [PE...]