Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Dim Dark Vision

[Br...]

Has anyone here experienced dim dark vision but also sensitive to sunlight and seems very bright and flashes of light? My eyes are dry since Ativan I don’t know if that adds into this. I just remeber a specific time after one cut everything got so dim and my vision and view of the world just completely changed. I am a month off of only 10 weeks total of ativan my highest being 2 mg. 

[Bu...]

Hi @[Br...],

Yeah, I get that.  It's like there is a dimmer switch for my eyes now.  Sometimes I'll just be sitting reading or watching TV or whatever, and it's like someone turned down the lights in the room.  Sometimes things look very, very dark, other times things look so bright, it's almost like they are glowing on their own.  And my eyes are very dry, too.  I use Systane Ultra eye drops and they help a lot.  Well, with the dry part, and maybe a little with the light levels.  

[Br...]

@[Bu...] thank you!! it seems like not a big deal but i really hate it because it makes dpdr even worse cause my reality doesn’t even look normal 

[Bu...]
3 hours ago, [[B...] said:

i really hate it because it makes dpdr even worse cause my reality doesn’t even look normal 

I know what you mean.  As if the dp and dr aren't bad enough on their own!  I've had flashing lights and spots in my vision for years, even before benzos, due to a specific type of migraine, but since my taper and after, I now see rather large-ish purple splotches too sometimes.  It's an adventure! 🤪