Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

45 months wave after accomplishments

[Ch...]

Hi All,

Dropping in for a periodic update. A few months ago I found a lot of relief through anxiety recovery techniques. Then I had a month of pushing myself very hard because I founded a Covid Awareness advocacy organisation and coordinated two international demos in as many weeks.

On the one hand, I’m incredibly proud  of myself. I can travel, coordinate events, have meetings as a consultant, do PR and all the other tasks that come with coordinating an org. I also feel like I’m making a real difference in the world. At the same time, this pushed me into extreme anxiety and insomnia and two weeks later I’m struggling through the days. Gotta admit, it’s hard to be close to the 4 year mark and still having to manage benzo recovery. But when I come back here I remind myself that I’ve come so far from acute. I’ve carved out a niche of thriving within a challenging recovery process.

Also, FYI, I got into Covid awareness advocacy because I noticed that Long Covid symptoms overlap with benzo injury, and then discovered that Covid is a serious vascular disease that can seriously hinder recovery. After fighting so hard for where I am, I do not want further setbacks. I’m also hoping to raise awareness for other folks in benzo recovery of how Covid can negatively impact healing. Since it’s easy to catastrophize, just know that having Covid doesn’t mean you won’t recover. But it doesn’t help the process, so if you’re in a position to taken precautions, it’s recommended to keep our sensitive and healing systems safe. Stay safe, friends!

[ne...]

I think this is awesome! Not the setback part...but the advocacy part. Good.for.you!

I am 15 months off and I have a life where I HAVE to push myself constantly. Two young kids, travel sports, husband who travels for work, I just got a new remote job, etc. Because of this, I'm constantly in a wave/have symptoms. We also went to Disney the other week for 3 days and I paid for it afterwards. I think our sensitive CNS just gets rocked by anything extra be it stress, meds, new work, etc. I am really proud of you and if you get some minutes in-between your days to rest, that will probably be good for you. <3