Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Heart POUNDING

[ne...]

Still get this almost constantly at 15 months off. Doesn't matter what my HR or BP are. I take a low dose beta blocker. Tried upping it but that made me feel funky. Does anyone know WHY we get this? Thanks a bunch. 

[ne...]

Sometimes I wonder if it could be the Metoprolol as sometimes people write this seems to cause them pounding. I get so confused. 

[PE...]
On 25/03/2024 at 12:49, [[n...] said:

Sometimes I wonder if it could be the Metoprolol as sometimes people write this seems to cause them pounding. I get so confused. 

I take the highest dose prescribed of Metoprorol 200mg as my bp is really high without. If I don't take it my heart "pounds" and my bp sky rockit.

It has a calming effect on my heart.

[Lo...]
On 25/03/2024 at 08:49, [[n...] said:

Todavía recibo esto casi constantemente a los 15 meses de descanso. No importa cuáles sean mis FC o BP. Tomo un bloqueador beta en dosis bajas. Intenté aumentarlo pero eso me hizo sentir raro. ¿Alguien sabe POR QUÉ recibimos esto? Gracias un montón. 

My heart beats strongly most of the day, sometimes I am doing something and I forget about the beats, but then I remember them and I can feel them again as they beat strongly, I am 21 months old CT and it is one of my symptoms since I left the benzos, I could call it like a panic attack constantly. This didn't happen to me before the benzos and it didn't happen when I was taking them, so it should go away gradually.

Edited by [Lo...]

[ne...]

Thanks so much @[PE...] and @[Lo...]! Peppe: I am on 25mg of Metoprolol but perhaps I need to up it. The pounding is so annoying! Lookingforhappiness: I am exacccctly the same. I am so sorry you relate but I feel less alone because you echo my symptom super similarly. Here's to us all feeling better soon. 

• Like 1