Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Sleeping Outside

[ap...]

I have had a great deal of trouble being inside my house since tapering and now been off for 21 months. I am seriously thinking of sleeping in the car while this goes on. It's just so weird. Has anyone else done this? 

[Gr...]

I’m almost 19 months free and do not like being in a room with low ceilings. Have had problems with depth perception.I understand how you feel. I prefer being outside as much as possible.. I will go outside, no matter what time of day or night even if it’s raining, sometimes just to look up at the sky don’t know why, but it helps me tremendously.

• Like 1

[ap...]
1 hour ago, [[G...] said:

I’m almost 19 months free and do not like being in a room with low ceilings. Have had problems with depth perception.I understand how you feel. I prefer being outside as much as possible.. I will go outside, no matter what time of day or night even if it’s raining, sometimes just to look up at the sky don’t know why, but it helps me tremendously.

Thank you for your reply. I just feel dead to be honest. The problem with being inside has been here for a very long time.

[Je...]

Hi. I actually slept outside in a rent in the winter. I couldn't sleep in my room with my husband. It was horrible.  I even sat outside at night and watched the stars and prayed until the sun came up. I live in the Sierra Nevada mountains and it's cold. My husband was getting worried and couldn't sleep because I wasn't in the house. I had to push myself to relearn sleeping with him. It was hard but it finally passed. I hope this helps. It does pass, it really does. I still prefer outside better in the day time even if it's snowing. 

Edited by [Je...]
  • Like 1

[ap...]
21 minutes ago, [[J...] said:

Hi. I actually slept outside in a rent in the winter. I couldn't sleep in my room with my husband. It was horrible.  I even sat outside at night and watched the stars and prayed until the sun came up. I live in the Sierra Nevada mountains and it's cold. My husband was getting worried and couldn't sleep because I wasn't in the house. I had to push myself to relearn sleeping with him. It was hard but it finally passed. I hope this helps. It does pass, it really does. I still prefer outside better in the day time even if it's snowing. 

Thank you, it is awful . I also think my husband and I spent a lot of time out. But I hate the nights

[Ti...]

I used to lay on the couch outside on the patio by the pool before we moved, and fell asleep more than once out there. The nice thing is when you wake up, you can hear all the sounds of nature up close and personal. In our new place, I’ve done the same on the balcony; just curl up into a ball on the little outdoor loveseat.

Sleep will eventually come and get easier. I remember the hyperacusis was so bad at one point, I would jump out of my skin everytime the A/C or heater clicked on. Not any longer! And if I do wake, I can fall right back to sleep.  

• Like 1

[dj...]

I cannot sleep in any bed but my own or with any other person.  I had a girlfriend for a bit.  I tried to sleep at her place a few times, and she tried at mine, and I just couldn’t do it.