Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Foolishly updosed

[Ca...]

I am on 12.2 mgs of diazepam after a two year taper from over 45. Very kindled from cold turkeys. This month i updosed eight days. First four mgs of valium a day for two days and thenback to 12.2 and then did it again the following week for three days and then yesterday I updosed six mgs of valium and two five mgs of clonapin and today 5 mgs of valium and one five mg of clonapin.

I am also on nine mgs of subutec and started staying in bed all day about five weeks ago.

What is my best option at this point? I'd like to try and stay on the 12.2 and I have to get out of bed. I was walking almost three miles a day and now my depression is so bad I just canot get up.

Thanks for any input.

Carol

• Like 1

[kn...]

I did the same type of thing when I up dosed, changed my mind, reinstated again, then on, on, et al.  I didn't wait long enough between doses to see if things would even out, and got into a serious kindling situation that lasted about seven weeks.  Things are finally evening out, but it was bad there for awhile.  You might try to stay at 12.2, wait a bit to see if you can tolerate it and then make your decision.  Constant fatigue is a significant side effect of diazepam and may be a factor in keeping you in bed.  Have you tried getting up for an hour or two and walking for a bit during the middle of the day.  You don't have to do as much as you were previously, just build back up a bit at a time.  Any exercise will help depression.  You can always return to bed for a nap later in the day if it's necessary.  Best wishes getting back on course.  

[Ca...]

Thats my plan. So far today I did updose four mgs which was less than yesterday and less than the day before. And I stayed in bed all day. So I will see if I can get back to 12.2.