Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Diazepam dosing

[No...]

Just wondering, Im on my first week of only valium. 20 mgs a day. 5mgs 4x a day. Some days I feel like it makes me too tired and want to skip a portion of my dose and other days I feel way too anxious and tense and need the full dose. Considering valium’s long half life, is that ok to do you think? 

I just dont feel good taking more than I feel I need.. but I dont want to possibly have to pay for it days later because of the half life 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

[kn...]

I got myself in quite a bit of trouble dosing to higher and lower levels.  This sort of thing can produce a thing called 'kindling'.  20 mgs of Diazepam and its half life (supposedly 10 days or so) makes it a little more forgiving, but if you want to attempt a taper, be careful.  Sticking at one dosage level and working from there helped me until I got down to 2mg.  But then I tried to up dose, then changed my mind, then went back up, yada, yada.  I finally wound up at 4mg and have held there for the last 6 weeks.  I'm feeling better now, but I became extremely ill in the process.