Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

How do you break lorazepam tablets by 5-10%?

[Ne...]

The tablets are so small to begin with.  How would you do this with a pill cutter?

• Like 1

[ns...]
32 minutes ago, [[N...] said:

The tablets are so small to begin with.  How would you do this with a pill cutter?

Hi needahug, 

What mg are your tablets?

Mine are 1mg so I cut them until they were too small. Now I weigh and shave them and getting ready to crush them to powder. 

If they are too small, you could get a nail file and weigh them. Jewlers scales on Amazon around $30.00 are ok. Mg scales. 

I have a smart weigh, it's OK.

Now I have a pestle for causing and I will weigh the powder. 

Hope this helps 

Ns

[Ne...]
Posted (edited)

@[ns...] May I ask how long you've been weaning off and how much?  I've been on benzos on and off approx. 6 months, daily ativan for 2 of those months, not sure if I need to reduce all the way down to powder form.  My pills are 0.5mg.

Edited by [Ne...]

[ns...]
2 minutes ago, [[N...] said:

@[ns...] May I ask how long you've been weaning off and how much?  I've been on benzos on and off approx. 6 months, daily ativan for 2 of those months, not sure if I need to reduce all the way down to powder form.  My pills are 0.5mg.

Yes, I've been tapering for more than 8 months now. From 4mg to a very tiny .08

I will be cutting 5% soon.

I was forced tapered over 4 yrs ago,  I keep forgetting how long ago it was, seems like yesterday yet forever ago!

The 1st taper was over a 6 week period and I had already been experiencing a reaction, I recently remembered this as well. I didn't realize it was the drug at the time.

I had a very difficult withdrawal and didn't realize it was withdrawal.

I eventually reinstated after over 3 yrs last April. It helped a little but by july/August I knew something was wrong and immediately started taking bits off of the pills, but that didn't work for long. I have a paradoxical reaction to the drug. It has an opposite effect on me.

so I began tapering. 

it's been a long road for me. Had I known initially that I was in withdrawal I would have sought out help.

BB is a great source for support and I'm glad you found us.

Your lorazepam is still big enough to cut I think, if not you'll probably have to crush them.

Hopefully someone with more experience will stop by and assist you with this soon.

Try not to stress too much about this, you will have plenty of support and many will offer their experience which is very helpful. 

Take care 🙂 

Ns