Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Jumping off

[Bu...]

Hi @[...],

I know you've already had a lot of good advice here, but I thought I'd weigh in and give you a little perspective on you current dose of Clonazepam.  I took .25 mgs of clonazepam twice a day for twenty years.  I did a six month taper and it was too fast, especially toward the end.  A slower taper, with smaller dose cuts is definitely the way to go. 

My doctor recommended a faster taper even than what I did, so that would have been very difficult.  He ultimately agreed to let me set the speed and he just prescribed the pills for me until I was off and that worked out fine.  So, I agree that you really don't need a doctor to know how to do this, you just need one who is willing to work with you and the information that you find here.  (I wish I had found this site while I was tapering.)

• Love 1

[An...]
1 hour ago, [[B...] said:

Hi @[...],

I know you've already had a lot of good advice here, but I thought I'd weigh in and give you a little perspective on you current dose of Clonazepam.  I took .25 mgs of clonazepam twice a day for twenty years.  I did a six month taper and it was too fast, especially toward the end.  A slower taper, with smaller dose cuts is definitely the way to go. 

My doctor recommended a faster taper even than what I did, so that would have been very difficult.  He ultimately agreed to let me set the speed and he just prescribed the pills for me until I was off and that worked out fine.  So, I agree that you really don't need a doctor to know how to do this, you just need one who is willing to work with you and the information that you find here.  (I wish I had found this site while I was tapering.)

The way you came off benzos is the best, safest way. I just wish we had more doctors like yours who would just listen to you, support you, and let you go at your own pace.  In the end, you get off with the least amount of pain and are much less likely to reinstate.

• Like 2