Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I try to believe in healing ,but the doubt wins.

[ma...]

I should wish i could keep a belief that i heal . At least get better so i can get through the days . But i am not able to manage to believe that .Even if so many say you must believe it .I try , but i fail . Is there anything to do about it ?

[Ro...]

Hi @[ma...]

First, I'm so sorry you're going through this, no one should have to endure these taper symptoms!  

I'm supporting my husband through his taper and he struggles with this at times as well.  I can't say we've found an answer but I want you to know you're not alone!  He takes each day as it comes, tries to listen to his body, rests when he can so he has the energy for the important things.  Keeping a log of how you're feeling so you can see the progress over time is actually helpful.  We need to celebrate the small wins!  

• Like 3

[wi...]

Having doubt is human and also a part of this. If having doubt and fear meant failure to recover, nobody would have healed. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, [[m...] said:

I should wish i could keep a belief that i heal . At least get better so i can get through the days . But i am not able to manage to believe that .Even if so many say you must believe it .I try , but i fail . Is there anything to do about it ?

Not sure there is but think you needn't necessary try to believe it. You are going to heal anyway. It's just easier to wait the wd out when you believe but the actual recovery doesn't depend on it.

Do wish you more distinct signs of your healing and soon, Margiflower!)

• Like 1