Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

How big of a difference is there when your finally healed? When did you know it was over?

[Os...]

2.5 years clean from diazepam and feeling 85 percent. How much of a difference was there when your brain finally healed? Was there a distinct feeling where there was no doubt it was over? What changes are there when your brain is finally working? Please give me some hope!

[Pa...]

Hello @[Os...], welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I knew without a doubt when I recovered, I still remember the feeling of relief.  What let me know was when my inner trembling stopped, that was the last of my symptoms, I still had a bit of insomnia but it was nothing compared to the days in recovery.

The changes for me were clear, I was happy, I had access to all of my positive emotions and I felt at peace.  

What symptoms are you still dealing with?  What was your taper like?

@[Pa...]

• Like 2

[Os...]

How long did it take you? I didnt taper I went cold turkey. My symptoms are restlessness, DPDR, anhedonia, and anxiety. They're almost gone. I felt the calm feel that you described during a window. Is that's what's waiting at the end?

Also did you struggle with anhedonia, lack of motivation, and intrusive thoughts?

[ma...]

@[Os...] I dont know either . Difference between a window or when its over .You are 2,5 years off , how/when did you notice it started to ease and got lesser intense ? I am soon 15 months off and have been in a brutal wave over a months .Like acute .Its so scary still . Even worse because in the beginning it was more expected and i had more energy . 

• Like 1

[Pa...]
22 hours ago, [[O...] said:

How long did it take you? I didnt taper I went cold turkey. My symptoms are restlessness, DPDR, anhedonia, and anxiety. They're almost gone. I felt the calm feel that you described during a window. Is that's what's waiting at the end?

Also did you struggle with anhedonia, lack of motivation, and intrusive thoughts?

I quit cold turkey too and it took me 14 months to fully recover.  I did suffer with intrusive thoughts and anhedonia but not motivation, I was too amped up to relax so I just kept moving doing projects and working full time. 

But yes, that peace you felt during your window is what's waiting for you, stay the course and you'll be rewarded at the end. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

[Pi...]

I am 20 months off.  I always thought that I would know it was over when I stopped having muscle tightness in my legs.  This symptom has been with me from the beginning.  It has almost gone but that is how I think I will know.

Edited by [Pi...]
  • Like 1

[Sw...]

The first time I stopped clonazepam I had joy, motivation, excitement all come back full force. Because I had some mental health issues I didn’t work on I ended up back on KP a year later and this withdrawal is my second from my first (so 3 in matter of 5/6 years). This is by far the hardest one but I get genuine windows, I did last week have my best window so far, and then this morning I’m waking up with anxiety, bad tinnitus, feel a headache, feel nauseous and just exhausted. It’s a wild ride! I hope you are at the end now and finally have your joy return full force!!! 

• Like 1

[or...]

I just wonder after I jump off these evil pills what I'll be able to blame my wacky brain on, which I had long before I took my first K tablet :classic_rolleyes:  At least I'll know I don't have to fill that stinking prescription again, "prescription? We don't need no stinking prescription"!  ;) oregonlady

PS Sorry, memories of "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre" with Humphrey Bogart:D

• Haha 1

[Os...]
3 hours ago, [[S...] said:

The first time I stopped clonazepam I had joy, motivation, excitement all come back full force. Because I had some mental health issues I didn’t work on I ended up back on KP a year later and this withdrawal is my second from my first (so 3 in matter of 5/6 years). This is by far the hardest one but I get genuine windows, I did last week have my best window so far, and then this morning I’m waking up with anxiety, bad tinnitus, feel a headache, feel nauseous and just exhausted. It’s a wild ride! I hope you are at the end now and finally have your joy return full force!!! 

How long did it take to heal the first time?