Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Progress at 7 months

[Bu...]

Hey Everyone,

Yesterday marked 7 months off Clonazepam.  I wasn't going to say anything at first because I'm not where I had hoped to be at this point.  But then I realized that just being off is progress.  Every month, week, day, hour off is something to be happy about, especially after 20 years.   

It's a little strange.  My bad days are still really, really bad and there are still more of those than good, but the good days are so good, I almost forget withdrawal completely for that day. 

I have driven 3 times since last July.  Once in December, and then twice in the last month.  These last two times were by myself.  I ran errands and even felt well enough to do a little window shopping.  On one of those days my husband and I ate in a restaurant.  Aside from a little anxiety from being out in "gen-pop", and some air hunger, it was fine.  Actually, it was more than fine, it was great!  I dressed up, wore makeup and jewelry, painted my toe nails and wore sandals, the whole sh-bang.  It was so beautifully normal.  And fun.  I had forgotten about fun.

So, I guess I've actually got quite a bit to celebrate.  I just need to whomp those little voices in my head that keep trying to rain on my post-benzo parade. :)

• Like 9

[de...]

Congrats on 7 months benzo free!!!!  You are getting there.   Celebrate this victory!!

• Like 1

[ns...]
2 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Hey Everyone,

Yesterday marked 7 months off Clonazepam.  I wasn't going to say anything at first because I'm not where I had hoped to be at this point.  But then I realized that just being off is progress.  Every month, week, day, hour off is something to be happy about, especially after 20 years.   

It's a little strange.  My bad days are still really, really bad and there are still more of those than good, but the good days are so good, I almost forget withdrawal completely for that day. 

I have driven 3 times since last July.  Once in December, and then twice in the last month.  These last two times were by myself.  I ran errands and even felt well enough to do a little window shopping.  On one of those days my husband and I ate in a restaurant.  Aside from a little anxiety from being out in "gen-pop", and some air hunger, it was fine.  Actually, it was more than fine, it was great!  I dressed up, wore makeup and jewelry, painted my toe nails and wore sandals, the whole sh-bang.  It was so beautifully normal.  And fun.  I had forgotten about fun.

So, I guess I've actually got quite a bit to celebrate.  I just need to whomp those little voices in my head that keep trying to rain on my post-benzo parade. :)

BurnTheShips, what great news and what a great story! Thank you for sharing this. 

Your driving and window shopping, this is so encouraging. 

I love, got dressed up, wore jewelry, wore make up and painted my toe nails lol, you must have so enjoyed that beautiful spring day!

I'm so happy for I'm smiling and you made me laugh! 

Good for you, this gives me hope!

I know you've had such a difficult time with sleep and pain 😪, but you're on your way now! Keep pushing thru, celebrate the wins and summer is coming so there'll be many more days for sandals and painted toe nails lol

I've been praying for you, I think I keep that going!

Thanks for sharing!

:highfive:

• Love 1

[Bu...]

Hey @[ns...],

Thanks so much!  I appreciate it!  Hopefully this summer will have some better days for both of us!  

p.s.- I painted those toes "Peony Pink", a color true to its name. 😉🌸

• Like 1

[ns...]
2 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

Hey @[ns...],

Thanks so much!  I appreciate it!  Hopefully this summer will have some better days for both of us!  

p.s.- I painted those toes "Peony Pink", a color true to its name. 😉🌸

😆 lol