Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Am I overthinking

[Jo...]

So I’m about three and half months off of temazepam after two months of use. During a conversation at work one of my coworkers told me that NyQuil had some alcohol in it and it freaked me out a little bit. This is because about three weeks ago I was really sick and I took NyQuil for about four or five days. I didn’t even think about it having some alcohol in it and I am now in my head that I have set myself back a little bit. I haven’t noticed anything besides still not sleeping well. About a month ago I actually slept for seven hours which I think was right before I got sick. I was also able to taper down the hydroxyzine to 25mg at night. I guess I’m just looking for reassurance I haven’t set myself back. It’s easy to get in our heads about these things. 

Edited by [Jo...]

[Bu...]

Hey @[Jo...],

I am certainly not an expert, but from everything I've read, I don't think you set yourself back.  Especially since you only were on it for two months and have been off well over three months and you said you didn't notice any other problems.  I really think you're ok, but I know, believe me I know, how we all need some reassurance about this stuff.  I hope this helps. :)

• Like 2

[Nu...]
4 hours ago, [[J...] said:

I haven’t noticed anything besides still not sleeping well.

Don't overthink it. Take what comes. Focus on today, the here and now.

If you keep that in mind, the above answers it all, don't you think??

• Like 1