Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

When to expect withdraw symptoms after Lorazepam jump

[Ka...]
3 minutes ago, [[D...] said:

Hello Katrina, 

Here's my tapering schedule, per dose. So 2x28 days for the 1st dose, stabilise for 2 weeks (or longer if needed), then second dose and then 3rd dose. I'm partaking in academic research on tapering by filling out self monitoring forms. Everyone on tapering strips from the Rainbow pharmacy is asked to do the same (not compulsory) so a lot of information is gathered on people's tapering experiences. 

I know it seems strange but I never experienced issues with fluctuating amounts of Lorazepam in my blood. So it's not like I couldn't wait for the evening, to take my evening dose. And I don't feel like there's a gap in my afternoons now that I no longer take my afternoon dose. I've never craved a dose anyway. 

I'm not saying that the past 2 months have been a breeze, because they weren't, but I've been able to work at least 5 hours per day (not yet back to my usual 8 but that will come in time) and have been able to function more or less normally. Yes, I've been more emotional, more depressed, not feeling much like connecting to people like I used to, I've had bouts of anger, have insomnia, the occasional muscle pain and restlessness but never debilitating and never long. 

I can call the pharmacist at any given moment for advice. The way I'm tapering should assure (so far this has been true for me) that if anything goes 'wrong', it goes wrong gradually (symptoms will worsen over a couple of days) and there is time to take action and stabilise. This hasn't been necessary yet, but I know I'm in good hands when I do need to stabilise at some point in the future. 

No, I don't immediately trust all doctors, health care professionals and pharmacists, but the 2 months I was on Lorazepam before tapering, I spent half of that time researching and questioning everything and everyone. I'm well supported now and will continue on this protocol and will continue to be supported by an excellent orthomolecular therapist that gives me great advice on diet and supplements. 

Hope this helps, @[Ka...]

Lorazepam tapering 1mg 56 days.pdf 543.84 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you for all this info @[Dr...] what you have in place is brilliant support & that is so important. I looked into tapering strips but didn’t have a doctor (in UK) who would assist with the form filling etc. When you take away measuring, cutting & all that fiasco you also limit anxiety about getting it right! I think you are going in the right direction & hopefully you won’t experience too many issues with the plan in place. 

• Love 1

[Pi...]

I took Ativan for decades and am 20 months off.

Because you were on it for a short time I don’t think you will have a hard time tapering off. 

Ativan will let you know if it doesn’t like your tapering.

• Love 1

[Dr...]
On 23/03/2024 at 20:38, [[K...] said:

Thank you for all this info @[Dr...] what you have in place is brilliant support & that is so important. I looked into tapering strips but didn’t have a doctor (in UK) who would assist with the form filling etc. When you take away measuring, cutting & all that fiasco you also limit anxiety about getting it right! I think you are going in the right direction & hopefully you won’t experience too many issues with the plan in place. 

Sorry to hear that you weren't supported in filling the forms for the tapering strips. I heard from the pharmacist today he even sends them to the USA, whereas I thought they only serviced Europe. 

[Dr...]
On 24/03/2024 at 01:28, [[P...] said:

I took Ativan for decades and am 20 months off.

Because you were on it for a short time I don’t think you will have a hard time tapering off. 

Ativan will let you know if it doesn’t like your tapering.

@[Pi...], wow, congratulations on being off it for 20 months now. How are you doing?

You know what's 'funny'? I actually meditate with my medication. A therapist recently asked me what I could learn from the medication and then it came to me that Lorazepam helps me to take my place by giving me more and more of my space back every day I take less of it. I have always found it difficult to say yes to life and claim my place in it and the crisis I'm going through right now is about just that: claiming back my space. 

So every time I take a dose, I consciously thank the Lorazepam for it's help and for giving me back my space, little by little, in a safely manner. 

It feels so much better than the thoughts and attitude I had before with regards to my medication. 

So far it seems Lorazepam has been okay with my tapering 🙏

• Like 2