Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Scales plus new Klonopin Tablets

[or...]

Wouldn't you know my cheap scale is no longer working, just since I got on here and bragged about how well it's worked for me a whole year :brickwall:

So now I'm a wreck!  I have at least another year of tapering to go, and I cannot get liquid form of Klonopin, it's simply not available here in my area.  So my doc gave me .5 mg tablets to replace my 1 mg tablets of Klon/Clonazepam.  They are still TEVA brand I was so glad to see that, at least.

I want to try for another scale but just feel so nervous and unsure about going through all this again.  I also need help on going from my weight of tablet to just using percentage only since I think that will be easier in the long run.  My .5 mg TEVA's are average weight of .170 g as well, same as the 1 mg's average.  I want to use my .5 mg tablets now, but I am only at 54% dose of my C, so I want to just add the bits and pieces I've saved, to the new .5 mg.

Can someone help me set this up since I have tried to figure it for 2 days, this is the 3rd, and I feel so ashamed I can't calculate it.  I just recently tapered again and I'm having more wd sxs on top of everything else.  I just pray for the day I'll be done with this hideous drug :cry: oregonlady PS I guess admitting I still can't do numbers/percents on my own is so humbling, which I figure some humility never hurt me :rolleyes:

[Ka...]

Oh @[or...] so sorry about the scales plus the lack of liquid klonopin. I’ve no experience with measuring so afraid can’t assist. But am sure you will  & get help soon. 

@[or...], everything is going to be ok. The sun will rise)

Can't say i'm very good at math, but i can try) Just not sure what exactly to calculate.

Do you mean you'd like to know how many mg of the bits you need to take to add to your new 0.5k tablet to have 0.54% out of 1 k? If so, then it's 0.0068g , 4%.

If it is what you need, i can think of the math a bit later to make sure)

Edited by [...]

[El...]

I think I can help you. I am assuming with these calculations that you are still wanting to be at 0.093 grams of your original 1 mg tablet. But now, you need to use both your new tablet and pieces of your old tablet. If so, you need to first find what is your actual dose of K in mg. So, you would apply a ratio: 1/0.170 = ×/0.093. × = .5471 mg (this your actual, present dose of K). So you need an additional 0.0471 mg from your old tablet to add to your new 0.5 mg tablet, (0.5471 - 0.5 = 0.0471mg). This is what (0.0471 mg) you need to add to your 0.5 mg K tablet with your 1 mg K pieces to get the same dose. Using the same ratio: 1/.170 = 0.0471/×. × = 0.008 grams. You would take 1 whole 0.5 mg tablet plus a 0.008 gram piece (weighed on your scale) of your leftover 1 mg K.

I think this is correct and I hope it helps!

• Like 2

[or...]
14 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

hi Katrina, no worries, I was so tired couple hours ago I had to lay down and I just nodded right out.  I so appreciate your response and I know everything will work out :hug:

Hi Kate,  Yes, I'm confused so easily I was even afraid to ask for help for fear I wouldn't understand the directions.  I think you are right because yes, I'd have to add the extra 4% to the .5 mg tablet. I'm not sure how you got the 0.0068 g but is that 4% on my scale?  If I sound nuts it's because my brain turns to mush when i try to think hard on something.

I'll try it on paper to see if I can do it.  I appreciate your help so much and I'll be back in a bit, oregonlady :hug:

2 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

I think I can help you. I am assuming with these calculations that you are still wanting to be at 0.093 grams of your original 1 mg tablet. But now, you need to use both your new tablet and pieces of your old tablet. If so, you need to first find what is your actual dose of K in mg. So, you would apply a ratio: 1/0.170 = ×/0.093. × = .5471 mg (this your actual, present dose of K). So you need an additional 0.0471 mg from your old tablet to add to your new 0.5 mg tablet, (0.5471 - 0.5 = 0.0471mg). This is what (0.0471 mg) you need to add to your 0.5 mg K tablet with your 1 mg K pieces to get the same dose. Using the same ratio: 1/.170 = 0.0471/×. × = 0.008 grams. You would take 1 whole 0.5 mg tablet plus a 0.008 gram piece (weighed on your scale) of your leftover 1 mg K.

Ok Ellie, yes, you are understanding what I want to do.  I am getting some food in me right now, but I will be back to work on this in a little while, I appreciate yours and everyone's replies so much!!  I find it so easy if I can just take the .5 tablets now, plus add a bit to my wobbly scale, and get a better read-out, more accurate :) big hugs, oregonlady

38 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

hi Katrina, no worries, I was so tired couple hours ago I had to lay down and I just nodded right out.  I so appreciate your response and I know everything will work out :hug:

Hi Kate,  Yes, I'm confused so easily I was even afraid to ask for help for fear I wouldn't understand the directions.  I think you are right because yes, I'd have to add the extra 4% to the .5 mg tablet. I'm not sure how you got the 0.0068 g but is that 4% on my scale?  If I sound nuts it's because my brain turns to mush when i try to think hard on something.

I'll try it on paper to see if I can do it.  I appreciate your help so much and I'll be back in a bit, oregonlady :hug:

PS One more thing that was clouding my mind is that I am at .093 g of my 1 mg C tablet, which how I got % dose from that is that .093 divided by .170 = .54 mg or 54% of 1 mg.

@[or...], you know i've calculated again taking into account you your 0.093g) It means 54.7%, more close to 55%. I'd add 5% not 4%. So it'd be 0.085g.

You may not need this sum any more but, surprise, math helps!) My headache is completely gone))) Thank you, Denise)

• Like 1

[or...]
Posted (edited)

Ok, it seems like you are both right, but I'm wondering if the final answer is because you each are using calculators with a different amount of digits? Yours Kate is 0.00, and Ellie's is 0.000.  I do have trouble with how to round off numbers.

I see perfectly how Ellie got the 0.008 g to add to my .5 mg.  I see how the formula works, and the last part (1/.(170 = 0.0471/×. × = 0.008 grams) you converted the mg dose to the scale weight of grams.

I hope I am understanding and I thank you both.  I want to start listing my history, as I go, in mg doses, not dose weight so I can use the formula.  I can't believe I didn't freak out when I saw all those numbers, but my Math classes came back to me and I see, I hope :2funny:

So now, off to buy a new scale, any recommends?? :balloon: Maybe I'll try that little Gemini one this time, it might last longer ;)

Edited by [or...]
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, [[o...] said:

Ok, it seems like you are both right, but I'm wondering if the final answer is because you each are using calculators with a different amount of digits? Yours Kate is 0.00, and Ellie's is 0.000.  I do have trouble with how to round off numbers.

I see perfectly how Ellie got the 0.008 g to add to my .5 mg.  I see how the formula works, and the last part (1/.(170 = 0.0471/×. × = 0.008 grams) you converted the mg dose to the scale weight of grams.

I hope I am understanding and I thank you both.  I want to start listing my history, as I go, in mg doses, not dose weight so I can use the formula.  I can't believe I didn't freak out when I saw all those numbers, but my Math classes came back to me and I see, I hope :2funny:

So now, off to buy a new scale, any recommends?? :balloon: Maybe I'll try that little Gemini one this time, it might last longer ;)

@[or...], it was my mistake) I just forgot to add one more zero...

So it's 0.0085😅

• Like 1

[Ma...]

@[or...] it looks like you’ve gotten lots of good advice but one more thought: since you are so close to 0.5, you could just “sacrifice” one of your new 0.5 pills and break it into small pieces.  Then use those tiny little pieces to add to the full 0.5 pill to get to .54.  For instance, If the 0.5 pill weighs .170, you need the weight of the whole pill plus the weight of the tiny piece to be .184 to get your full dose.  (.184/.170)x0.5 = .54.  Eventually you’ll get down to 0.5 and then can just make cuts directly from the whole 0.5 pill.  

• Like 1

[or...]
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

@[or...] it looks like you’ve gotten lots of good advice but one more thought: since you are so close to 0.5, you could just “sacrifice” one of your new 0.5 pills and break it into small pieces.  Then use those tiny little pieces to add to the full 0.5 pill to get to .54.  For instance, If the 0.5 pill weighs .170, you need the weight of the whole pill plus the weight of the tiny piece to be .184 to get your full dose.  (.184/.170)x0.5 = .54.  Eventually you’ll get down to 0.5 and then can just make cuts directly from the whole 0.5 pill.  

Thank you Matt, I'll tell you how I did it, for the first time this a.m. and see what you think, as I still am a bit nervous as my brain is still set on "weight of dose" ;)

I set the .5 tablet of TEVA C which has an average weight of 10 tablets of .170 g.  Then I took the powder in a teenie spoon (1/32 of a tsp I use for my stevia powder) and just poured it on top of the tablet.  I got to 0.178 g on scale and took that.

I did feel using the extra 1mg pills I have left over, bit, pieces, ground to powder, works better, much better than trying to way bits and pieces ;)  What do you think?  Was I right, or mess up?  I fully understand about the inconsistency in tablets, but I do feel I am getting at least the full dose by using the whole .5 tablets ;) oregonlady.

Edit: I don't understand the use of more digits.  I was told earlier I needed the scale to register 0.008 and add with the .170?  It's the scales or calculators that are reading different than mine??

I'm getting confused again :(  My scale has 0.000, that many digits when set on g??

Edit: Ok, if I am going to do this right in my history, I have to ask if I taper 1%, or .01 next time, I will just add .53 to my History correct?  Or if I subtract .03 (3%) it would then be a .5 dose and be using only my .5 mg pills right :) @[Ma...]. Seems logical but numbers are not always logical to me ;)

Edited by [or...]

[Ma...]

@[or...] it sounds like you did it perfectly and I do like the crushed powder idea with such a small amount to weigh out.   (Im actually pretty good at math lol) So yeah, .178 would be the correct amount for .54, using your remaining 1mg pill fragments for the powder and a whole one of your .5 pills.  My scale goes down to .001 but it’s a little dicey trying to weigh .008 on its own.  As you said, it evens out over time so I don’t stress about that last number being .001-.002 above or below on a given day.  I’d spend my whole day cutting pills if I did 😂.  You’ll be at 0.5 before you know it and then just have to cut that one pill.  

• Love 1

[or...]
Posted (edited)

Oh good Matt :)  yes, I try not to future trip but I do feel better already just getting the hang of figuring my "dose" of the .5 mg tab now!  I will cross the next bridge when my .5 mg gets teenie :laugh:

I so appreciate everyone's help, especially secure in knowing my dose was right on the mark today, which doesn't happen everyday, but yes, .001 off or .002, I hope I won't try to the point of giving myself more anxiety if the scale "tries" to mess with my head, LOL!!

Thanks again, oregonlady :balloon:

Edited by [or...]
  • Like 1

[or...]
Posted (edited)

I'm having a slight dilemma with my individual .5 mg tablets weighing different weights.  I did the whole "average" weight thing when I started this thread, but now I'm a little confused.

Now as I weigh the tablet, they all weigh different, I knew that, but I can't figure out how what to do with the 0.008 additional to get my dose of C right?

For example, today's .5 mg tablet weighs 0.174, so do I add 0.008 to that, or do I still add 0.008 to the average weight of .170 g to get the right dose?  I'm thinking it's the latter because the dose is still the same no matter the difference in the weight of pill??

here's @[El...] calculations if someone can help me, maybe @[Ma...] is around as well:

On 22/03/2024 at 13:09, [[E...] said:

•  
Edited by [or...]

[Ma...]
4 hours ago, [[o...] said:

I'm thinking it's the latter because the dose is still the same no matter the difference in the weight of pill??

Correct.  Always use whatever the average weight was.  If the average was .170 add .008 to that so .178 combined weight.  Are you going to able to weigh the powder less than .008 as you make cuts down to .5?  If not, you might be better off crushing one of your 0.5 pills because the weight would be easier to weigh.  Essentially it would be .016 instead of .008 since the pill is 0.5mg vs. 1.0 mg.  If you’re able to measure .008, .006, .004, etc though, no need to worry about that.  You’ll be able to cut down to .5. 

• Love 1

[or...]

Wow, I had it correct in my mind, then 2nd guessed it, can't appreciate you more right now Matt!!  Thank you so much ;) oregonlady :hug:

• Like 1

[El...]

I am going to go out on a limb here and, respectfully, disagree. Yes, it is true that regardless of the weight of your 0.5 mg pill, we have to assume it has 0.5 mg of active ingredient. But the 0.008 grams, that I calculated earlier, came from the average weight of the 1 mg pill. If you want to add 0.0471 mg to your dose of 0.5 mg from the 1 mg pill (as calculated), you will need to always add 0.008 g of dust from that 1 mg pill to get a total dose of 0.5471 mg. So, if your weight of your 0.5 mg pill is 0.174 grams you need to add to that 0.008 grams from your 1 mg pill resulting in a final weight of 0.182 grams of combined pills. For example, if you only added 0.004 grams of your 1 mg pill to the 0.174 grams of your 0.5 mg pill to get a final total of 0.178 grams you would only be adding 0.0235 mg to the 0.5 mg resulting in a final dose of 0.5235 mg or a 4.3% decrease in the dose you intended to take. Of, course, when you get to only using the 0.5 mg pill, you will again use the average weight of that pill (as you did with the 1 mg pill).

I am feeling particularly unwell today…so it is OK if I need to be corrected!

[or...]
3 minutes ago, [[E...] said:

I am going to go out on a limb here and, respectfully, disagree. Yes, it is true that regardless of the weight of your 0.5 mg pill, we have to assume it has 0.5 mg of active ingredient. But the 0.008 grams, that I calculated earlier, came from the average weight of the 1 mg pill. If you want to add 0.0471 mg to your dose of 0.5 mg from the 1 mg pill (as calculated), you will need to always add 0.008 g of dust from that 1 mg pill to get a total dose of 0.5471 mg. So, if your weight of your 0.5 mg pill is 0.174 grams you need to add to that 0.008 grams from your 1 mg pill resulting in a final weight of 0.182 grams of combined pills. For example, if you only added 0.004 grams of your 1 mg pill to the 0.174 grams of your 0.5 mg pill to get a final total of 0.178 grams you would only be adding 0.0235 mg to the 0.5 mg resulting in a final dose of 0.5235 mg or a 4.3% decrease in the dose you intended to take. Of, course, when you get to only using the 0.5 mg pill, you will again use the average weight of that pill (as you did with the 1 mg pill).

I am feeling particularly unwell today…so it is OK if I need to be corrected!

I'm so sorry you're having a hard day Ellie, I appreciate you answering especially since you've been sick today I'll figure this out tomorrow morning and I've still got my 1 mg bits and pieces so I'm just using them until I'm sure of the additional I need to add to my 5 tablets so it's not like it's all I have to work with no worries please take care of yourself and thank you again for all your help, Oregonlady :hug:

[or...]

I'm thinking much straighter this a.m. and I think the best thing for me to do is just use my bits and pieces I have to finish up the 1 mg tablets.  It will be harder to weigh, but easier on my brain.  At this point, I don't know who's right in the calculations.  That I cannot decide, so since I have another, easier way, I'll take that route instead.

I so appreciate the time spent here to try and help me, and I will keep these "replies" should I need them later for any reason, as well as possibly, figure out your calcs so I can honestly understand how to do this.

I'm having migraine again, and since nothing has changed in my life except the taper amount, down supposedly 1% only, I'm having insomnia again as well, more tinnitus, and more anxiety.  I just can't calculate, figure out, numbers.

Please forgive me for even trying this when I had another way to keep tapering as I have.  I may go for that new scale, but so far, it's been working again so I'm sure it was just me and my sxs causing the scale issue, oregonlady :hug:and may all be healed sooner than later ♥️♥️♥️

• Like 1