Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

5th month out and getting worse ! :’(

Guys im crying as im typing this its been 5 month now and im getting worse i just dont know how to do this anymore…. Ive been constantly stuck in a wave….. anyone got worse at month 5 ? What is happening :’( will i ever get better :’( 

I didn't have a real window until a year. Early on what I thought of a window was nothing close to windows as time goes on. It's a rollercoaster all the way.

You aren't getting worse, you just got use to  feeling a little better in between. Some waves can be worse than previous waves. And some can be completely different from what was experienced so far. You have to re-enforce your mindset at these points of the withdrawal.

Keep your eye on the goal of being off the poison and enjoying life. Mindset mindset mindset. Distract distract distract.

It sucks but time is the only known healer. Only the human body can fix this chemical insult. 

Edited by [...]
  • Like 2

[Pa...]

I remember being so tired of hurting at month 5 and for some reason I got it in my head I'd feel better at 6 months, nope, it didn't happen and I was so disappointed.  I know you're miserable and worried you'll be like this forever but you're still very early into recovery. 

It takes so long to get through this, are you writing your symptoms and their severity in a journal?  Its important you do this because our brains keep telling us we're not improving but we are and sometimes the only way to know this is to see it on paper.  I so wish I would have kept track. 

• Like 2

[Ma...]

You WILL get better. You WILL, okay? You just gotta keep going, keep breathing, keep taking care of yourself.

Cry-but not every day-to let the stress out. It’s absolutely natural and necessary because this is brutal. Get it out. Then pick yourself back up, dust yourself off and keep going.

You can’t see it right now, but there is an end and when that comes? It’s going to be sooooooooooo worth it!

• Like 1

Thank you pamster :cry: yes your right i should start journaling and to be honest even tho my symptoms do feel a bit like acute right now its still wayy barable than how it was in the first days atleast the akathisia is not here aymore. It just feels like this rollercoaster will go on forever im soo tierd but ill keep going :cry:

• Like 1

[Bu...]

Hey @[...],

I had a miserable set back at 5 months, too.  I felt so much better during month 4, that it was really hard to deal with.  But I am improving again, and you will too.  Hang in there. :hug:

• Like 1