Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Symptoms worse than in the beginning.

[jo...]

Hi,

I have had a weird experience with this Vallium withdrawl I'm experiencing as in that the acute phase was not so acute. For the first couple of weeks I experienced some insomnia, a few crappy hours of sleep per night, some axiety and some cognitve problems such as brain fog and I believe they call it ataxia when you feel your head has a weight in it and are really clumbsy etc. I was still able to go to work though it was a struggle. I then got some big improvements by about week three with my sleep coming back to a good degree and the cognitive problems pretty much clearing up. I still had anxiety but it was bearable and I was able to deal with it pretty much. Then the other day at about two months out the insomnia returned worse than before coupled with waking up from what little sleep I had with TERROR ANXIETY! The anxiety seems to dissapate reasonably quickly to a level where I can deal with it but not much else. 

These symptoms have definitely worsened since the beggining but weirdly the cognitive stuff hasn't come back much. It's so frustrating as I thought I was getting better. I did go for a run the night it got worse and am wondering if that has caused it. Am I in a protracted withdrawl scenario? I quit cold turkey (Stupidly) after only about a month of taking 10mg off and on but like I say it wasn't two bad in the beginning. I quit cold turkey a few years back and had a really intense few weeks but then got better soon after. This just seems very different.

[je...]

Hi @[jo...]

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I’m really sorry your symptoms got worse. At two months off this is very early in recovery and completely normal though. Recovery is not linear. We go through windows and waves. The fact that you already saw big improvements at the three weeks mark is a very good sign. I would not be concerned about protracted at this stage. You’re doing pretty well and in my opinion you’re just going through a wave. You’ve got this!

My acute didn't hit until over a month off. Clonazepam

Withdrawal scenarios/effects can change over the years.  Don't go on it again... 

As far as protracted, don't even think about that at 5 months. When your at 18 or 24 maybe. But by that time you'll realize, it was just a bad nightmare.

Best wishes

[jo...]
3 hours ago, [[j...] said:

Hi @[jo...]

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I’m really sorry your symptoms got worse. At two months off this is very early in recovery and completely normal though. Recovery is not linear. We go through windows and waves. The fact that you already saw big improvements at the three weeks mark is a very good sign. I would not be concerned about protracted at this stage. You’re doing pretty well and in my opinion you’re just going through a wave. You’ve got this!

Thanks for your reply. your right about it not being linear, it's so all over the place it's hard to explain to people. I'm sure people don't 100% beleive me when I tell them how it is, especially when I tell them about other peoples experiences which have persisted for years. They think your exaggerating.

[jo...]
3 hours ago, [[j...] said:

Hi @[jo...]

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

Thanks for your reply. your right about it not being linear, it's so all over the place it's hard to explain to people. I'm sure people don't 100% beleive me when I tell them how it is, especially when I tell them about other peoples experiences which have persisted for years. They think your exaggerating.

• Like 1