Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Adverse/paradoxical reactions to xanax

[ba...]

I have been here with this issue before, but it's been a while. Looking for others who go through this, looking for hope, I'm afraid.

I had an antibiotic set back 2 months ago. Held and waited. Then, the dose I was holding on turned paradoxical. Made micro cuts for a while, they did not help. Finally made a standard cut, and after about a week, it too, became paradoxical.

Then my doses started to become adverse, and fast. I have tapered 11% in 9 days, as lowering the dose is the only thing that helps. However, it's not a guarantee. I have never cut this much this fast. I went from 6.3.75 to 5.75 gradually over those 9 days. I will cut another .125 tommorrow, and will be at 5.625. I have been cutting one dose at a time, and repeat, so i dont get overwhelmed. Today is the last day where I have one dose higher (it pardoxed, as it has for the past 9 days.) Tommorrow, all doses will be at 1.875 from 2 mg, which was 2.125 during the antibiotic setback.  Once the paradox hit, to reiterate, I micro cut the 2.125 down to 2 mgs, and was ok about a week. Then they went paradoxical. I have found my body reacts best to cuts of .125 across my 3 doses than anything higher or lower, but with this paradoxical wave, i don't know where in the hell my CNS is going.

I am concerned about how these large fast cut will affect me. Also, I dont want the cut I made 3 days ago to turn paradoxical like the previous ones did. Of course, I may have no control over this.

Please don't tell me to CT, or give horror stories. I posted about this a few years back, and got terrible input.

The only change was being on an antibiotic  2 months ago.

• Like 1

[ns...]
32 minutes ago, [[b...] said:

I have been here with this issue before, but it's been a while. Looking for others who go through this, looking for hope, I'm afraid.

I had an antibiotic set back 2 months ago. Held and waited. Then, the dose I was holding on turned paradoxical. Made micro cuts for a while, they did not help. Finally made a standard cut, and after about a week, it too, became paradoxical.

Then my doses started to become adverse, and fast. I have tapered 11% in 9 days, as lowering the dose is the only thing that helps. However, it's not a guarantee. I have never cut this much this fast. I went from 6.3.75 to 5.75 gradually over those 9 days. I will cut another .125 tommorrow, and will be at 5.625. I have been cutting one dose at a time, and repeat, so i dont get overwhelmed. Today is the last day where I have one dose higher (it pardoxed, as it has for the past 9 days.) Tommorrow, all doses will be at 1.875 from 2 mg, which was 2.125 during the antibiotic setback.  Once the paradox hit, to reiterate, I micro cut the 2.125 down to 2 mgs, and was ok about a week. Then they went paradoxical. I have found my body reacts best to cuts of .125 across my 3 doses than anything higher or lower, but with this paradoxical wave, i don't know where in the hell my CNS is going.

I am concerned about how these large fast cut will affect me. Also, I dont want the cut I made 3 days ago to turn paradoxical like the previous ones did. Of course, I may have no control over this.

Please don't tell me to CT, or give horror stories. I posted about this a few years back, and got terrible input.

The only change was being on an antibiotic  2 months ago.

Hi baddove,

I've been going thru this for about 7 months I think now and I'm so sorry that anyone is having anyone has to take a drug that's making them so sick! 

I'm surprised to read this, I haven't seen your history. I hope we can have a conversation about this as it seems no one else has experienced this. 

I was on lorazapam and forced off 4 yrs ago.

I didn't know I was in withdrawal, didn't know what was going on!

Er put back on last April, after being off for 2 yrs +,the withdrawal was terrible. This did not fix the withdrawal, but gave a short break. 

A old doc of mine continued my scripts. Within 3 plus months, I was breaking pieces off so I could handle them. Didn't understand what the heck was going on with these pills! They were having the opposite effect.

Did some research and found paradoxical reaction!

So, you know the story.

I've been tapering this nasty drug for about 8 months and going pretty fast due to its effects.

From 4mg of lorazepam to 2mg in just 2 months! I had no choice!

The last half mg has been really tough. I jumped 2 days ago with only .08 left but it is not doable! 4x per day I take 0.020 doses. Even that tiny little bit causes me a terrible reaction. 

So, had to reinstate last night! Not happy at all with this! I'm exhausted, pissed off and want this drug out of my life.

When I took the 1st little dose, after about an hour and a half it was kind of therapeutic. This morning, not so much!

Back to the symptoms almost as bad as jumping off but a little different. They do calm down here and there while on it. Without the pill, it was never ending symptoms, with it, as I said, breaks in between. 

Idk how it will be when ive completely tapered down to nothing. Bit I guess I'm going to fund out as it's impossible for me to live with the symptoms it gave me without it. My brain is chemically addicted to a drug that makes me sick!

So what to do?

Idk!

I've researched as much as I can but only found an injection they have, while in the hospital,  of a anti benzo 1 to 2 hour relief drug that can cause seizures. Sorry, I can't remember the term for it, my brain is fried!

If you'd like to talk about your experience with me, feel free to message me. 

I'm desperate to find answers and I'm sure u are too!

Ns

[ns...]
1 minute ago, [[n...] said:

Hi baddove,

I've been going thru this for about 7 months I think now and I'm so sorry that anyone is having anyone has to take a drug that's making them so sick! 

I'm surprised to read this, I haven't seen your history. I hope we can have a conversation about this as it seems no one else has experienced this. 

I was on lorazapam and forced off 4 yrs ago.

I didn't know I was in withdrawal, didn't know what was going on!

Er put back on last April, after being off for 2 yrs +,the withdrawal was terrible. This did not fix the withdrawal, but gave a short break. 

A old doc of mine continued my scripts. Within 3 plus months, I was breaking pieces off so I could handle them. Didn't understand what the heck was going on with these pills! They were having the opposite effect.

Did some research and found paradoxical reaction!

So, you know the story.

I've been tapering this nasty drug for about 8 months and going pretty fast due to its effects.

From 4mg of lorazepam to 2mg in just 2 months! I had no choice!

The last half mg has been really tough. I jumped 2 days ago with only .08 left but it is not doable! 4x per day I take 0.020 doses. Even that tiny little bit causes me a terrible reaction. 

So, had to reinstate last night! Not happy at all with this! I'm exhausted, pissed off and want this drug out of my life.

When I took the 1st little dose, after about an hour and a half it was kind of therapeutic. This morning, not so much!

Back to the symptoms almost as bad as jumping off but a little different. They do calm down here and there while on it. Without the pill, it was never ending symptoms, with it, as I said, breaks in between. 

Idk how it will be when ive completely tapered down to nothing. Bit I guess I'm going to fund out as it's impossible for me to live with the symptoms it gave me without it. My brain is chemically addicted to a drug that makes me sick!

So what to do?

Idk!

I've researched as much as I can but only found an injection they have, while in the hospital,  of a anti benzo 1 to 2 hour relief drug that can cause seizures. Sorry, I can't remember the term for it, my brain is fried!

If you'd like to talk about your experience with me, feel free to message me. 

I'm desperate to find answers and I'm sure u are too!

Ns

Ps. My doctor put me on hormones right before this happened. Also, had a shot of epinephrine from the dentist around the same time so could have been either of them. 

Had a vaginal drip from the hormones, thought I had a uti, antibiotics!

So, probably a combination of the 3 idk. 

Also, doc put me on a vaginal fungal med for possible yeast infection around this time. 

Ns

[ns...]
17 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Ps. My doctor put me on hormones right before this happened. Also, had a shot of epinephrine from the dentist around the same time so could have been either of them. 

Had a vaginal drip from the hormones, thought I had a uti, antibiotics!

So, probably a combination of the 3 idk. 

Also, doc put me on a vaginal fungal med for possible yeast infection around this time. 

Ns

Heres is another buddy whose hsving problems. I just saw this under tapering strategies 

(Reinstatement failed or part success? What now?)