Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

NEED SUGGESTIONS

[Pa...]
4 hours ago, [[R...] said:

@[Pa...] seems that i am annoying you😂 Apologies🙏

To be honest after joining you, i am in big relief. 💕

My goodness no @[Ra...], you're not annoying me, I hoped that little emoji would convey how frustrating this process is!  

• Haha 1

[Pa...]
4 hours ago, [[R...] said:

@[Pa...] the answer to the questions which i could not find in SA are being found there

I'm glad. 

• Love 1

[Ra...]
8 hours ago, [[P...] said:

My goodness no @[Ra...], you're not annoying me, I hoped that little emoji would convey how frustrating this process is!  

@[Pa...] i was just joking. You are very nice and humble person.😊

• Like 1

[Ra...]

@[Pa...] you are here from long time and you are aware of people experiences, does akathisia can heal completely?  

Medications for akathisia with more success???? 

[PE...]
40 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

@[Pa...] you are here from long time and you are aware of people experiences, does akathisia can heal completely?  

Medications for akathisia with more success???? 

From my own experience, yes Rabeeca :giggle:

• Like 1

[Ra...]
15 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

From my own experience, yes Rabeeca :giggle:

@[ne...] please pray for me🙏

You are very brave. I don't know i am brave or not but i am struggling from previous 7-8 months. 

My tapering will complete in 10 or may be in more months. 

[PE...]
17 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

@[ne...] please pray for me🙏

You are very brave. I don't know i am brave or not but i am struggling from previous 7-8 months. 

My tapering will complete in 10 or may be in more months. 

It will turn out ok :))

• Like 1

[Ra...]

@[Pa...] @[Re...]

I am feeling constant body and brain zaps,very scarying feeling

Are these zaps are bad??? 

Indication of brain damage??

[Re...]

Hello @[Ra...]

We have many, many recovered members out there, just look at the Success Stories, recovered people living their lives, not thinking about withdrawal even for a second, anymore...!

Let me quote Professor Ashton: "There is absolutely no evidence that benzodiazepines cause permanent damage to the brain, nervous system or body.". 

I know that you are having a very difficult time, but just imagine, it will be fantastic once we get through this! I think about these _facts_ and makes me feel instanly better all the time!!

• Like 1

[Ra...]
16 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

Hello @[Ra...]

We have many, many recovered members out there, just look at the Success Stories, recovered people living their lives, not thinking about withdrawal even for a second, anymore...!

Let me quote Professor Ashton: "There is absolutely no evidence that benzodiazepines cause permanent damage to the brain, nervous system or body.". 

I know that you are having a very difficult time, but just imagine, it will be fantastic once we get through this! I think about these _facts_ and makes me feel instanly better all the time!!

@[Re...] thank you so much

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
[Ra...]

Hello buddies 

On 14 feb, i switched from pill to solution, my symptom became worsen. My cns is highly destabilize. Today, 6.4 weeks on kolonopin. Should i switch back to compunded pill??  Can anyone share his/her experience 

I really need all of your suggesstions  

[Ru...]

@[Ra...]I'm sorry you are struggling. I hope things get easier for you.

I just came back form see ing my doctor who is overseeing my taper. He mentioned possibly switching me to liquid once I get to .25 mg, but worried that my cns would cause me to struggle. The reason he offered to do this was because I asked about it as I'm struggling to cut the pills evenly. I told him that I'd rather keep cutting my tablets. He agreed. Reading your post confirms I've made the right decision.

I'm curious to know what others have to say.

[Ra...]
1 hour ago, [[R...] said:

@[Ra...]I'm sorry you are struggling. I hope things get easier for you.

I just came back form see ing my doctor who is overseeing my taper. He mentioned possibly switching me to liquid once I get to .25 mg, but worried that my cns would cause me to struggle. The reason he offered to do this was because I asked about it as I'm struggling to cut the pills evenly. I told him that I'd rather keep cutting my tablets. He agreed. Reading your post confirms I've made the right decision.

I'm curious to know what others have to say.

@[Ru...] i am very glad for you.Definetly you made right decision. I am on sol from 7 weeks, day by day my symptoms are worsening,instead of stablizing. After switching akathisia had started. Now if i switch back to pill then it will be a risk, it can cause further destabilization of my CNS. 

We learn from other experiences. One wrong decision can ruin over life. Now i advice every person in other forums stay on the form pill/liquid,they are using. 

Needs prayers

[Ra...]
Just now, [[R...] said:

@[Ra...] prayers sent your way!🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Can I ask what your current dose is?

@[Ru...] 1ml of p-xil,later i putted on benzo because of akathisia ,that does not helping me .i join bb because i wanted to know about akathisia.it was new for me.1ml is very small dose. But i am very afraid for further reductions. People's are saying me I should wait more untill akathisia doesn't resolve. I am stuck badly. 

[Ra...]
27 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

@[Ra...] prayers sent your way!🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Can I ask what your current dose is?

@[Ru...]

Thank you so much for prayers. 

• Love 1

[fe...]

@[Ra...] My husband was switched to liquid valium as part of the step-wise substitution and it had triggered akathisia. A very complicated story later, switching to tablets helped. Reading what you share, there are 3 possible considerations.

1. Some people tolerate tablets much better than liquid solutions.

2. If the substitution was not step-wise the difference in formulation may have thrown your nervous system off.

3. Even though it's the same basic substance, formulations matter... in my husband's case (and other members as well) different generics have different effectiveness.

Just making sure, it's the same benzo, correct? Pill form k to liquid k? Although benzos are part of the same class of drugs receptor occupancy may differ. there are different perspectives about how tightly some benzos bind on receptors than others, but I think that most members would agree that some benzos "went better" with their symptoms than others and some people (like my husband) found it impossible to cross over from k to v.

• Love 1

[Ra...]
3 minutes ago, [[f...] said:

@[Ra...] My husband was switched to liquid valium as part of the step-wise substitution and it had triggered akathisia. A very complicated story later, switching to tablets helped. Reading what you share, there are 3 possible considerations.

1. Some people tolerate tablets much better than liquid solutions.

2. If the substitution was not step-wise the difference in formulation may have thrown your nervous system off.

3. Even though it's the same basic substance, formulations matter... in my husband's case (and other members as well) different generics have different effectiveness.

Just making sure, it's the same benzo, correct? Pill form k to liquid k? Although benzos are part of the same class of drugs receptor occupancy may differ. there are different perspectives about how tightly some benzos bind on receptors than others, but I think that most members would agree that some benzos "went better" with their symptoms than others and some people (like my husband) found it impossible to cross over from k to v.

@[fe...] thank so much for your for sharing you experience. Actually i am tapering paxil and on kolonopin for akathisia,which does not helping. My akathisia became full bloom after switching to sol form,Crash my nervouse. I am in sol from previous 7 weeks. My CNS is highly destabilize.i am afraid of switching back to pill. May be it resolves my severe symptoms. I am very double minded about switching. 

Again thanks ☺ 

How is your husband now?? After how many weeks you husband had switched back to pill form and when his symptoms resolved??? 

[fe...]

It is completely understandable that you would be scared. Akathisia is such a scary thing- my husband had bouts so I have observed how distressing it can be (I would not dare say "know"... I think it's insulting for observers to say they know hoe someone experiencing it feels). I am so sorry you are going through this...

When did you start taking klonopin? How much are you prescribed and how many times a day?

Yes, it is entirely possible that your nervous suystem is going through an adjustment and with time it will stabilize. How soon after switching to sol did your symptoms start? How are your symptoms over the 7 weeks? Increasing? Decreasing? Same? It may be that some symptoms are still bad, but do you still have every symptom that flared up?

Thank you for asking. <3 Hubby is having a rough time now, but unrelated to the liquid vs pill issue. TThat resolved over approximately 9 days after switching, I wanna say.

• Love 1

[Ra...]
2 minutes ago, [[f...] said:

It is completely understandable that you would be scared. Akathisia is such a scary thing- my husband had bouts so I have observed how distressing it can be (I would not dare say "know"... I think it's insulting for observers to say they know hoe someone experiencing it feels). I am so sorry you are going through this...

When did you start taking klonopin? How much are you prescribed and how many times a day?

Yes, it is entirely possible that your nervous suystem is going through an adjustment and with time it will stabilize. How soon after switching to sol did your symptoms start? How are your symptoms over the 7 weeks? Increasing? Decreasing? Same? It may be that some symptoms are still bad, but do you still have every symptom that flared up?

Thank you for asking. <3 Hubby is having a rough time now, but unrelated to the liquid vs pill issue. TThat resolved over approximately 9 days after switching, I wanna say.

@[fe...] thank so much again☺ i am on kolonopin from august 2023 ,0.5mg at night for coping akathisia.

After two weeks of switching,my worst ever symptoms started

Initially My symptoms are very worst, terror 24/7, now pattern of symptoms are almost same, but worst ever symptoms, which were not present before switching. 

Idk can i switch go back to pill form after 7 weeks. 

Should i wait for stability?? 

Big hugs😊

• Like 1

[fe...]

@[Ra...] Is the klonopin helping at all?

Is the feeling of terror the same as when this started? I understand that it's still present but on a scale of 1 to 10 now bad was it when it started and how bad is it now? What about other symptoms? Do you have every symptom that started on week 2? More symptoms? Less?

I'm trying to determine the trajectory of your symptoms before offering an opinion, because I wouldn't want to risk making you worse.

How many times per day do you take paxil?

Big hugs right back at you!

• Like 1

[fe...]

A short note jic I log off before you respond

1. Make an objective as possible list of your symptoms and see if there has been an improvement with ANY symptoms.

2. If you take Paxil more than once a day, you can see if replacing one dose or part of a dose with the pill helps you feel better. But even if that's the answer, you may want to do it in steps rather than go from one to the other because your nervous system is already sensitized. Makes sense?

• Like 1

[Ra...]
3 hours ago, [[f...] said:

@[Ra...] Is the klonopin helping at all?

Is the feeling of terror the same as when this started? I understand that it's still present but on a scale of 1 to 10 now bad was it when it started and how bad is it now? What about other symptoms? Do you have every symptom that started on week 2? More symptoms? Less?

I'm trying to determine the trajectory of your symptoms before offering an opinion, because I wouldn't want to risk making you worse.

How many times per day do you take paxil?

Big hugs right back at you!

@[fe...] i think kolonopin is 50% working for me. 

At start terror was 5/10

Now 10/10.

At start symptoms was body jerks, hypnic jerks, extreme eye twitches, agitation, internal vibrations now gone. 

I take paxil at once at night. 

[Ra...]
3 hours ago, [[f...] said:

A short note jic I log off before you respond

1. Make an objective as possible list of your symptoms and see if there has been an improvement with ANY symptoms.

2. If you take Paxil more than once a day, you can see if replacing one dose or part of a dose with the pill helps you feel better. But even if that's the answer, you may want to do it in steps rather than go from one to the other because your nervous system is already sensitized. Makes sense?

@[fe...] others symptoms are now solved except terror 24/7,strange tingling  senstation on forehead,and head pressure at different parts. Yes you are right my CNS is highly sensitize. I am taking 1ml at night, if i take 5ml at night and 0.5mg of compunded pill at day??? 

Thanks again for you time  feelberlin. 

Lot of prayers for you☺

• Like 1