Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

NEED SUGGESTIONS

[Ra...]
16 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

No tv. No internet. Just walking like a damaged robot

@[ne...] How are you now??? 

Really sorry for your sufferings😭

[Ra...]
12 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

I've read members talk about how just changing brands of the same medication can cause increased symptoms, even at the same dose so I'm not surprised to hear you're having difficulty.

You know your body better than anyone and while we can offer suggestions based on what others have done, the bottom line is, we're all different and we need to find what works for us.

@[Pa...] It was necessary for me to switched at paxil immediate release solution. I have no other choice. Because i can't taper paxil contol release.

My paxil ir and paxil cr both manufacturer are same

[PE...]
4 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

@[ne...] How are you now??? 

Really sorry for your sufferings😭

I'm better now thanks. I pace mabey 45min in total compared to 15 hours a day last year :)

• Sad 1

[Ra...]
2 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

I found that reading chapter 3 of the Ashton manual really helped my fear, it not only lists our possibly symptoms but Professor Ashton tried to explain why we felt them.  I hope it helps you too. 

benzo.org.uk : Benzodiazepines: How They Work & How to Withdraw, Prof C H Ashton DM, FRCP, 2002

@[Pa...] when your fear  had completely dimished??

How are you now??? 

[Ra...]
Just now, [[n...] said:

I'm better now thanks. I pace mabey 45min in total compared to 15 hours a day last year :)

@[ne...] you will always remain in my prayers .

• Love 1

[Ra...]
2 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

@[ne...] do you still feel terror??? 

[PE...]
5 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

@[ne...] do you still feel terror??? 

No It's gone. The real bad stuff was in acute. I did vomiting and had crazy anakthasia after it. I had to march in place when vomiting. I haven't vomit in a few months now

[Ra...]
Just now, [[n...] said:

No It's gone. 

@[ne...] Glad to hear that. Its a big recovery. 

Terror is pure hell .

• Like 1

[PE...]
1 minute ago, [[R...] said:

@[ne...] Glad to hear that. Its a big recovery. 

Terror is pure hell .

Yes! To both :)

[Pa...]
27 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

@[Pa...] It was necessary for me to switched at paxil immediate release solution. I have no other choice. Because i can't taper paxil contol release.

My paxil ir and paxil cr both manufacturer are same

I understand your situation, but even a formulation change can be felt. 

[Pa...]
26 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

@[Pa...] when your fear  had completely dimished??

How are you now??? 

I've been fully recovered since 2008, life returned to normal for me but the gratitude I feel to be well again is still with me. 

• Love 3

[Ra...]
13 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

I understand your situation, but even a formulation change can be felt. 

@[Pa...] You are saying right, 

My symptoms now totally change. 

What do you think can i recover from these changes??? 

[Ra...]
18 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

I've been fully recovered since 2008, life returned to normal for me but the gratitude I feel to be well again is still with me. 

@[Pa...] Very glad to hear that. 

[Pa...]
4 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

@[Pa...] You are saying right, 

My symptoms now totally change. 

What do you think can i recover from these changes??? 

Yes, I believe holding will help you become stable but stable doesn't typically mean feeling good, it just means your symptoms have somewhat leveled out and you can perform your basic daily tasks. 

• Love 1

[Ra...]

@[Pa...] what do you think if any drug gave you adverse reaction like akathisia ,then should we taper fastly or 5% month.

[Pa...]
30 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

@[Pa...] what do you think if any drug gave you adverse reaction like akathisia ,then should we taper fastly or 5% month.

I think its important to understand if the drug is causing the akathisia or if the taper is.  According to the timeline you provided, your troubles started after a cold turkey cessation, if this is the case then I feel a slow taper would be better. 

[Ra...]
14 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

I think its important to understand if the drug is causing the akathisia or if the taper is.  According to the timeline you provided, your troubles started after a cold turkey cessation, if this is the case then I feel a slow taper would be better. 

@[Pa...] sertalline had gived me panic attack i quit cold turkey after whole month, panic attacks were continued. Then i took one lexapro pill severe adverse reaction/akathisia start. 

Then paxil and kolonopin lifted the terror but after three day internal akathisia start which remain continous on /off

One day i forget to take my pill, my internal agitation immediately gone. 

I feel like my oldself. I was very happy and quit cold turkey but after 6 days my withdrawals start and i have to reinstaint at low dose. 

[Ra...]
24 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

@[Pa...] i would also prefer slow taper. 

One Psychiatrist prescribed me mirtazapine, but i am very afriad .

[Pa...]

@[Ra...], its important to understand that when we make changes to our dose, it can take some time to know the full impact, this is why we suggest that when you do make a change, its best allow enough time for your body to fully realize the change.  

We constantly seek reasons why we feel like we do but sometimes it takes a few days or even weeks to see the results of the changes we make.  I'm not doubting your observations of your symptoms after making changes, I'm just saying we can't really know the reason for those symptoms because they can change from minute to minute without making any dose adjustments.

I don't have experience with Mirtazapine but given you're not quite sure what is causing what right now, I'm not sure adding another medication would be helpful. 

• Love 1

[Ra...]
17 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

@[Ra...], its important to understand that when we make changes to our dose, it can take some time to know the full impact, this is why we suggest that when you do make a change, its best allow enough time for your body to fully realize the change.  

We constantly seek reasons why we feel like we do but sometimes it takes a few days or even weeks to see the results of the changes we make.  I'm not doubting your observations of your symptoms after making changes, I'm just saying we can't really know the reason for those symptoms because they can change from minute to minute without making any dose adjustments.

I don't have experience with Mirtazapine but given you're not quite sure what is causing what right now, I'm not sure adding another medication would be helpful. 

@[Pa...] I am very thankfull for your cooperation 🙏

[Ra...]

@[Pa...] I was taking propanolol occasionally  since childhood for palpitations and anxiety. But now after drug adverse reaction, propanolol aggravate my akathisia.

Now i have severe palpitations 160/60 should i try clonidine??? 

What do you think about clonidine?? 

[Pa...]

Hi @[Ra...], I don't have experience with palpitations or the medications you mentioned.  It might be a good idea to use search to see what others have said or you could start a thread in the Health Matters forum to ask for input.

What does your doctor say about Clonidine? 

[Ra...]
5 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Hi @[Ra...], I don't have experience with palpitations or the medications you mentioned.  It might be a good idea to use search to see what others have said or you could start a thread in the Health Matters forum to ask for input.

What does your doctor say about Clonidine? 

@[Pa...] I am not visiting my doctor any more, because he was continously denying the fact that i have akathisia, and wanted to put me on antipsychotics and mood stabilizers. 

thank you for your suggestions 😊🙏

[Ra...]
Posted (edited)

@[Pa...] @[ne...]

@[Re...]

Can akathisiaa happen without terror 

My symptoms mimic akathisia except terror

Intense Internal buzzing, vibrations ,jolting, restlessness, electric current running through body,extremly uncomfortable condition. 

All these symptoms start after 20 days on switching from paxil cr to paxil ir solution 

Current dose 1ml from 12.5mg

Further tapering takes the tome of 10months

Can Anyone suggest what happening with me??? 

Can we switch another antidepressants during withdrawals ?

I think i should go to ER. 

Edited by [Ra...]