Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

NEED SUGGESTIONS

[Ra...]

Age 23 :

History 

2018 => olanzapine prozac and bromazepam for only three months due to extreme depression and restlessness 

2021=>paxil and xanax (when mother cancer diagnose)  for one year quit cold Turkey,unaware of tapering and withdrawals 

2023=>deep depression /feeling fastness in behaviour took=>olanzapine prozac after three days extremely suicidal /akathisia? 

Fourth day took sertalline+olanzapine everything was fine for 3 weeks then panic attack starts quit cold turkey bad withdrawals start nocturnal Panic attack/akathisia?? I don't know

Whole month unbearable withdrawals lasts then took =>leaxpro only for one day severe reaction akathisia. 

=>paxil and kolonopin immediately lift my morning  terror /akathisia then after 3 days i have strange feeling inside body unbearable agitation, my doctor was calling it anxiety but later after 4months i know its internal akathisia without terror. 

=>now i am slowly tapering paxil agitation gone but terror return but this time my sleep is not affected i am taking kolonopin at 3pm at noon when my terror and restlessness increases but kolonopin does not helping just lift mild terror after 6pm my akathisia?/panic attacks becoming fade

I hear that if kolonopin mask akathisia ,in future when we taper kolonopin then worse akathisia came in front???

Now Should i taper kolonopin?? 

Does paxil masking akathisia???

Benzo which we use for akathisia treatment, then in future after benzo tapering will akathisia return??? 

[Pa...]

Hello @[Ra...], welcome to BenzoBuddies,

I'm so very sorry about your akathisia, you must be so miserable.  You've had many medication changes and cold turkeys, I'm thinking it might be a good idea to remain on your current medications in an effort to reach some stability.  

Are you working with your doctor for your taper management and medications, if so, what do they feel is the next best step?

I don't have experience with Paxil but our search function is very good and if no one responds to your question, you could try using that.

We're glad you found us and I hope we can help you find some answers.

@[Pa...]

[Ra...]
39 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Hello @[Ra...], welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Are you working with your doctor for your taper management and medications, if so, what do they feel is the next best step?

@[Pa...]

@[Pa...] thank you so much. 

Pamster my doctor continously denying the fact that antidepressants can give akathisia,he just wanted to put me on more medications .i am not visiting my doctor any more

I recently joined SA in feb, they advised me to remain at current dosage (1ml paxil) for atleast three or more months.

I had unbearable internal akathisia/agitation without terror on paxil cr 

After joining SA i switch to paxil ir for tapering, now internal agitation gone but terror start which eat me up badly.

[Pa...]

I'm relieved to hear you're getting input from SA, and while I've read antidepressants can cause akathisia, I hope that holding will help you get stable.  I wouldn't consider tapering the Klonopin until you've reached stability. 

One of the hallmarks of benzodiazepine withdrawal is fear, I'm not sure what akathisia without terror is, can you elaborate? 

• Like 1

[Ra...]
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

I'm not sure what akathisia without terror is, can you elaborate? 

@[Pa...] extreme internal unbearable agitation, weird sensations inside body which make me really restless.

In SA someone told me that akathisia can happen without terror. 

I am very confused,that was akathisia or now i am facing terror is akathisia

I am very hopeless, if i take paxil it give me internal unbearable agitation now if i am tapering then terror starts.

I am very confuse and do not understand what to do😭😭

Edited by [Ra...]

[Pa...]

Its so difficult to know what medication is causing what, when I quit Klonopin cold turkey I experienced fear but not terror and symptoms that mimicked akathisia.  Tapering the Klonopin could contribute to your symptoms but it doesn't appear to be doing you much good.

What does your gut tell you about holding or continuing to taper?

[Ta...]

Have you ever tried a beta blocker? I've read that they can help relieve akathisia. When I switched from Ativan to diazepam I got terrible akathisia. As soon as I got off of valium, akathisia resolved. 

Sometimes I feel like it might be returning, and I eat things that increase nitric oxide (NO) like unfiltered cranberry or tart cherry juice, and eating lots of organic blueberries. Spinach has one of the highest levels of NO. The reduction in anxiety is dramatic

There's a breathing technique that can relieve anxiety dramatically for some people while increasing nitric oxide:

1) Hum thru your nose for several seconds

2) Inhale deeply thru your nose

3) Exhale slowly thru a small "o" with your mouth

Repeat until you feel some relief!

• Like 2

[Ra...]
7 hours ago, [[P...] said:

@[Pa...] After joining SA, i move from paxil cr pill to paxil ir solution for tapering ,i have been using it for 20 days now and i thinks it causes terror. 

my CNS is highly sensitize due to alot of changes made by my psychiatrist.

I think i should wait more for further changes. 

What do you think??? 

[Ra...]
6 hours ago, [[T...] said:

Have you ever tried a beta blocker? I've read that they can help relieve akathisia. When I switched from Ativan to diazepam I got terrible akathisia. As soon as I got off of valium, akathisia resolved. 

Sometimes I feel like it might be returning, and I eat things that increase nitric oxide (NO) like unfiltered cranberry or tart cherry juice, and eating lots of organic blueberries. Spinach has one of the highest levels of NO. The reduction in anxiety is dramatic

There's a breathing technique that can relieve anxiety dramatically for some people while increasing nitric oxide:

1) Hum thru your nose for several seconds

2) Inhale deeply thru your nose

3) Exhale slowly thru a small "o" with your mouth

Repeat until you feel some relief!

@[Ta...] Thanks alot for reaching me 

Yes i have tried propanolol, but unfortunately it increases my internal agitation 

My CNS is highly sensitize, now i can't even tolerate simple tea. 

I have no idea what happen to me or what i do

Again thanks for your advice

I must try canebarry juice,spinach and deep breathing 

• Like 1

[Ra...]
Posted (edited)

@[Ta...]

When i wake up,  i feel buzzing /jolted /vibrating sensations inside body and fear(akathisia??) which last till 3pm then afterwards extreme terror starts which last till 7pm or 9pm

Vibrations/jolting/buzzing sensations are signs of???? Akathisia or panic attack or anxiety??? 

Edited by [Ra...]

[Ta...]

All of the jolting and buzzing seem like an electrical storm. We are all electro-magnetic beings, and your central nervous system has been thru a lot. When I was going thru akathisia, I ran and ran to try to calm the storm. I also had a really wonderful massage therapist and she did strenuous deep tissue massage, which really helped. I was on paxil for a while, but it made me sleep 20 hours a day, so I stopped taking it. Only you know what can help you. Exercise saved me, it might help you. Akathisia only resolved after getting valium completely out of my system. Valium was destroying me, so it had to go. If any activity soothes you, try to do that. Music, aromatherapy, a warm bath, candles, a creamy delicious soup, petting a kitty, being in the sun, sex, fresh baked cookies, a funny movie. Even a few moments of soothing can send positive messages to your brain. Every little bit helps. I am thinking of you and praying for healing.

[Ra...]
21 minutes ago, [[T...] said:

All of the jolting and buzzing seem like an electrical storm. We are all electro-magnetic beings, and your central nervous system has been thru a lot. When I was going thru akathisia, I ran and ran to try to calm the storm. I also had a really wonderful massage therapist and she did strenuous deep tissue massage, which really helped. I was on paxil for a while, but it made me sleep 20 hours a day, so I stopped taking it. Only you know what can help you. Exercise saved me, it might help you. Akathisia only resolved after getting valium completely out of my system. Valium was destroying me, so it had to go. If any activity soothes you, try to do that. Music, aromatherapy, a warm bath, candles, a creamy delicious soup, petting a kitty, being in the sun, sex, fresh baked cookies, a funny movie. Even a few moments of soothing can send positive messages to your brain. Every little bit helps. I am thinking of you and praying for healing.

@[Ta...] you are Wonderfull human being. Here every person whom i talk are very nice.

One thing i have noticed a little bit stress aggravate my restlessness 

I am very glad i join all of you. 

Thanks alot for your prayers and suggestions 🙏

• Like 1

[Ra...]
12 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Its so difficult to know what medication is causing what, when I quit Klonopin cold turkey I experienced fear but not terror and symptoms that mimicked akathisia.  Tapering the Klonopin could contribute to your symptoms but it doesn't appear to be doing you much good.

@[Pa...] How can i differentiate fear and akathisia.

Does in fear our body feel restlessness /uneasiness /no calmness???? 

[PE...]
5 hours ago, [[R...] said:

@[Ta...]

When i wake up,  i feel buzzing /jolted /vibrating sensations inside body and fear(akathisia??) which last till 3pm then afterwards extreme terror starts which last till 7pm or 9pm

Vibrations/jolting/buzzing sensations are signs of???? Akathisia or panic attack or anxiety??? 

I had a really bad akathasia for almoust the whole last year. Unable to sit still more then a few seconds at the time. It's a torture for sure.

• Sad 1

[Ra...]
Just now, [[n...] said:

I had a really bad akathasia for almoust the whole last year. Unable to sit still more then a few seconds at the time. It's a torture for sure.

@[ne...] so sorry for your sufferings. You are very brave man. How long you have had akathisia??

[PE...]
1 minute ago, [[R...] said:

@[ne...] so sorry for your sufferings. You are very brave man. How long you have had akathisia??

For a year. While i was trying to stabilize. I was in total tolerance. 

Thank you :)

[Ra...]
4 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

@[ne...]

If i can sit for hours,does it mean i am not facing akathisia?? 

I am very confused, every other person share different experience of akathisia.

[PE...]
Just now, [[R...] said:

@[ne...]

I read there are different kinds and at different amount. But when googling it says unable to be still. Have to move etc. Do you have a need to move your body?

[PE...]
9 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

@[ne...]

I could not sit still at all. 

• Sad 1

[Pa...]
6 hours ago, [[R...] said:

@[Pa...] After joining SA, i move from paxil cr pill to paxil ir solution for tapering ,i have been using it for 20 days now and i thinks it causes terror. 

my CNS is highly sensitize due to alot of changes made by my psychiatrist.

I think i should wait more for further changes. 

What do you think??? 

I've read members talk about how just changing brands of the same medication can cause increased symptoms, even at the same dose so I'm not surprised to hear you're having difficulty.

You know your body better than anyone and while we can offer suggestions based on what others have done, the bottom line is, we're all different and we need to find what works for us.

• Like 1

[Pa...]
52 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

@[Pa...] How can i differentiate fear and akathisia.

Does in fear our body feel restlessness /uneasiness /no calmness???? 

I had a lot of fear but I don't believe I had true akathisia, just symptoms that mimicked it.  I had inner trembling, restlessness and agitation that felt better when I kept moving but I was able to direct that movement for purposeful projects, I didn't need to relentlessly pace like those who are truly afflicted with akathisia do. 

• Like 1

[Ra...]
18 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Do you have a need to move your body?

@[ne...]

No, but extremely restless 

Even lying i feel restless, both mental and physical restlessness 

[Ra...]
Just now, [[P...] said:

I had a lot of fear but I don't believe I had true akathisia, just symptoms that mimicked it.  I had inner trembling, restlessness and agitation that felt better when I kept moving but I was able to direct that movement for purposeful projects, I didn't need to relentlessly pace like those who are truly afflicted with akathisia do. 

@[Pa...] I very glad i join all of you. My symptoms are more similar to yours

[Ra...]
16 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

No tv. No internet. Just walking like a damaged robot

@[ne...] How are you now??? 

Really sorry for your sufferings😭

• Like 1