Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Has anyone reinstated after 5 weeks and found relief?

[Lu...]

So I think I do need to reinstate, I cold turkeyed off of Xanax 5 weeks ago but I don’t think I can continue with this.. the symptoms are to brutal. I cannot function. I feel like I’m losing my mind. Is it too late to reinstate? Will it be worse? I’m desperate though. The ups and downs are just too much right now. I am a shell of myself. Has anyone reinstated in order to do a slow taper and found success? 

Edited by [Lu...]
  • Like 1

[Ma...]

Call Emma Saunders-you can find her # here.

beatingthebenzo.com

You’re going to get feedback on both sides from a message board on the topic here. Having a conversation with her will probably be the most helpful, IMO.

Edited by [Ma...]

[ns...]
6 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

So I think I do need to reinstate, I cold turkeyed off of Xanax 5 weeks ago but I don’t think I can continue with this.. the symptoms are to brutal. I cannot function. I feel like I’m losing my mind. Is it too late to reinstate? Will it be worse? I’m desperate though. The ups and downs are just too much right now. I am a shell of myself. Has anyone reinstated in order to do a slow taper and found success? 

Oh Lucas I'm so sorry for you! I'm only 1 day off and it's so hard!

You've come so far Lucas, any chance you can hang on?

Yes some do reinstate after 5 weeks. I've read that here may times. Idk how it goes with them. I know you'll get some help with this so I'll go. Just wanted to stop by and say how sorry I am your having such a difficult time!

Bless your heart Lucas, praying for you!

Ns

[de...]

@[Lu...]  You are in the thick of what we call acute withdrawal.   It is the phase right after you jump, and it can be really tough.    It is hard to say whether reinstating will help or not.   If you do reinstate, it could take a couple of weeks to stabilize.   We will support you with whatever you decide.   Please let us know how we can help.

• Like 2

[Lu...]
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, [[n...] said:

Oh Lucas I'm so sorry for you! I'm only 1 day off and it's so hard!

You've come so far Lucas, any chance you can hang on?

Yes some do reinstate after 5 weeks. I've read that here may times. Idk how it goes with them. I know you'll get some help with this so I'll go. Just wanted to stop by and say how sorry I am your having such a difficult time!

Bless your heart Lucas, praying for you!

Ns

So proud of you for jumping! Bless you as well. I am sending you prayers, you can do this!!! I believe in you :) 

i may be able to hang on a bit longer but i figured it would be getting atleast slightly easier at this point I have been suffering so terribly, I’m worried about having to close my business if this continues. I may need to go back on for the time being and stabilize and formulate a better plan in a better headspace and prepare a little better. This is true agony, I feel I am choosing between a rock and a hard place.

Edited by [Lu...]

[Lu...]
2 hours ago, [[d...] said:

@[Lu...]  You are in the thick of what we call acute withdrawal.   It is the phase right after you jump, and it can be really tough.    It is hard to say whether reinstating will help or not.   If you do reinstate, it could take a couple of weeks to stabilize.   We will support you with whatever you decide.   Please let us know how we can help.

Thank you for the reply my friend, is it possible to still be in acute after 5 and a half weeks? 

[Lu...]
3 hours ago, [[M...] said:

Call Emma Saunders-you can find her # here.

beatingthebenzo.com

You’re going to get feedback on both sides from a message board on the topic here. Having a conversation with her will probably be the most helpful, IMO.

Thank you Mary! I couldn’t find a number but she did have an email on the site so I reached out there. Hoping to hear back soon. 

[de...]

@[Lu...]Yes, it is entirely possible.   Of course, everyone is different so it is hard to give you an exact timeframe for acute, but it is possible you are still in that period.

[Lu...]

@[de...]thank you for the info, I was hoping it would have eased up a little at this point. I am fighting every second. I’m just not sure how much longer I can fight! But I am also scared of kindling yet again. This feels like the hardest decision of my life :( 

[ns...]
4 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

So proud of you for jumping! Bless you as well. I am sending you prayers, you can do this!!! I believe in you :) 

i may be able to hang on a bit longer but i figured it would be getting atleast slightly easier at this point I have been suffering so terribly, I’m worried about having to close my business if this continues. I may need to go back on for the time being and stabilize and formulate a better plan in a better headspace and prepare a little better. This is true agony, I feel I am choosing between a rock and a hard place.

Hi Lucas and thank you!

Has anyone talked to you about reinstating? I'm sure you'll hear from someone soon.

Personally, in your position if it's advisable, I would probably reinstate but I'm not the person to advise on that for sure. 

You have a lot on your plate for sure. If the benzo I was on helped me, I'd right back on it, this is miserable, you know thus all to well. 

I don't remember i

Why you tapered pr ct, im sorry but, I do remember you've had a terrible time of it. You have a family, a business and I'm sure it's a lot of pressure on you.

I hope you can stick with it, but I know it's really difficult. 

I've been here before and I'm not too happy that this time around is actually harder than the last. I thought that was impossible!

Could be that I'm exhausted from 4 yrs of it,  and stress definitely plays a role in how our mind and body respond. 

I will continue to keep you in my prayers Lucas. You are seem like such a great guy, family man and provider, that is obvious! Remember though, don't try to do it all in your own ok, be compassionate with yourself and give yourself time to breathe!

Blessings Lucas 

Ns:mybuddy:

• Like 1

[de...]

@[Lu...]There is no shame in reinstating!  None!  If that is what you need to do than so be it.   You mentioned kindling; have you tapered a benzo before?

[Lu...]
54 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Hi Lucas and thank you!

Has anyone talked to you about reinstating? I'm sure you'll hear from someone soon.

Personally, in your position if it's advisable, I would probably reinstate but I'm not the person to advise on that for sure. 

You have a lot on your plate for sure. If the benzo I was on helped me, I'd right back on it, this is miserable, you know thus all to well. 

I don't remember i

Why you tapered pr ct, im sorry but, I do remember you've had a terrible time of it. You have a family, a business and I'm sure it's a lot of pressure on you.

I hope you can stick with it, but I know it's really difficult. 

I've been here before and I'm not too happy that this time around is actually harder than the last. I thought that was impossible!

Could be that I'm exhausted from 4 yrs of it,  and stress definitely plays a role in how our mind and body respond. 

I will continue to keep you in my prayers Lucas. You are seem like such a great guy, family man and provider, that is obvious! Remember though, don't try to do it all in your own ok, be compassionate with yourself and give yourself time to breathe!

Blessings Lucas 

Ns:mybuddy:

First off thank you for kind words, you seem like an absolutely wonderful person as well and have been a beacon of light to me on this forum! And I wish you all the healing and happiness in the world! I totally empathize with this time being harder. I have tapered off benzos twice in the past few years and this time is BY FAR the hardest. I definitely agree our mindset plays a role. This time around I did not taper I cold turkeyed because I was only on for a couple weeks and didn’t think I would have have a problem. (BOY WAS I WRONG). I tapered off klonopin in the past and attivan because they helped my anxiety but made me very depressed. This time around I took Xanax for a couple weeks due to some very severe anxiety. Both other times I came off I tapered because I was on my them for much longer and the w/d wasn’t nearly as bad. That’s why I think maybe reinstating and tapering may ease my suffering a bit. 

[Lu...]

@[de...] yes I have tapered off twice in the past few years, this time I was only on .5 of Xanax twice daily for a couple weeks so I did not think a taper was necessary. But this time around has been a million times worse, possibly because of kindling or because i didn’t taper 

[ns...]
6 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

First off thank you for kind words, you seem like an absolutely wonderful person as well and have been a beacon of light to me on this forum! And I wish you all the healing and happiness in the world! I totally empathize with this time being harder. I have tapered off benzos twice in the past few years and this time is BY FAR the hardest. I definitely agree our mindset plays a role. This time around I did not taper I cold turkeyed because I was only on for a couple weeks and didn’t think I would have have a problem. (BOY WAS I WRONG). I tapered off klonopin in the past and attivan because they helped my anxiety but made me very depressed. This time around I took Xanax for a couple weeks due to some very severe anxiety. Both other times I came off I tapered because I was on my them for much longer and the w/d wasn’t nearly as bad. That’s why I think maybe reinstating and tapering may ease my suffering a bit. 

Lucas, I'm sorry you've been through this 3x now! How terrible!

Xanax is supposed to be so difficult. I sure didn't know anything about these things, or else I never would have!

Idk if I told you about trey Jones anxiety on YouTube. If I did please forgive me for repeating myself lol

He's so great sharing his experience with anxiety, panic attacks and do much more, including health anxiety. If you haven't already, please  ck him out!

Really helpful. 

No one will blame you for reinstating Lucas, i.think most understand this. 

I'm not doing well and wish I could reinstate but the lorazapam causes me more symptoms than I can handle. Even though this is worse or very similar, I know I'll regret going back.  Wish there was a solution but there isn't one.

CT, that's really rough, especially with Xanax. Amazing how only a few weeks for some how benzos can cause such extreme chemical addiction. 

Well, I'll keep praying til we get answers and we're headed completely that's a promise!

Take care 

Ns

[de...]

@[Lu...]  Yes, it could be from either or both.   It is really hard to tell.    A couple of weeks is not very long, but still long enough for your body to get dependent.    You might get past this acute phase and find you are at a much better spot, but it is just so unpredictable.

[de...]

@[Lu...]I also found out, the hard way, that alcohol can play a role in keeping you from healing completely.   You probably know this, but I was completely unaware.   After my first taper of Ativan, I continued to drink wine, not knowing all the while, I was continuing to damage my central nervous system.   

[Lu...]

@[de...]yes i unfortunately learned about alcohol the hard way during my previous tapers when i realized how much worse I felt the next day even after 1 or 2 small glasses of bourbon. I luckily cut it out of my life completely around 1.5 years ago and never looked back. 

is it possible to be having such a severe reaction after such a short time? Is there a reference point to when acute should be drawing to an end. I know it’s probably very individual I am just so torn on riding it out or stabilizing and doing a taper as the other times I tapered it wasn’t this bad. I believe I must be kindled though. Thank you so much for your time and knowledge 

[Lu...]
26 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Lucas, I'm sorry you've been through this 3x now! How terrible!

Xanax is supposed to be so difficult. I sure didn't know anything about these things, or else I never would have!

Idk if I told you about trey Jones anxiety on YouTube. If I did please forgive me for repeating myself lol

He's so great sharing his experience with anxiety, panic attacks and do much more, including health anxiety. If you haven't already, please  ck him out!

Really helpful. 

No one will blame you for reinstating Lucas, i.think most understand this. 

I'm not doing well and wish I could reinstate but the lorazapam causes me more symptoms than I can handle. Even though this is worse or very similar, I know I'll regret going back.  Wish there was a solution but there isn't one.

CT, that's really rough, especially with Xanax. Amazing how only a few weeks for some how benzos can cause such extreme chemical addiction. 

Well, I'll keep praying til we get answers and we're headed completely that's a promise!

Take care 

Ns

I’m so very sorry you’re having a hard time! I hope so much that this eases for you soon. You deserve peace! I believe you have the strength and fortitude to get to the other side of this :) 

I will absolutely check out Trey on YouTube and hopefully find some helpful tips. I am going to continue considering reinstatement, I so badly never want another milligram of this poison in my body but I also don’t want my life to explode because I can’t function. It’s an impossible decision.

hope you find some peace and happiness this evening ❤️

• Like 1

[ns...]

Lucas, ask how to reinstate. If you decide to do this you'll need a plan for reinstating. 

Hopefully you won't need to, but if you do, it'll be good to have a plan.

Ns

[ns...]
12 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

@[ns...] is there a specific thread to ask about reinstating?

Hi Lucas, I think k you should be in tapering strategies 

• 2 weeks later...
[Lu...]

@[wi...]thank you so much my friend ❤️ it is still not easy BY ANY MEANS but I do feel I am making some progress.. I chose not to reinstate and am happy I didn’t. Still pushing through. Had a full day window last weekend. And have a couple hours a day now where I feel like myself. Many of the physical symptoms have diminished although every day is a little bit different. Long way to go but I see light at the end of the tunnel :) 

• Like 3