Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

First bad wave, can't walk

[Cy...]

I am suffering from my first bad wave since starting taper.  The back, hip, knee, leg pain is unbearable and I can barely walk. Can't bend, painful to sit, go up/down stairs, sleep. Last cut was 3/3, 5%, from .135 gram weight Clonazepam to .129 gram weight.  Anyone else experience this?  Any way to help the pain?  Can't use any pain relievers or topical ointments.

Thanks for any thoughts.

[ns...]
18 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

I am suffering from my first bad wave since starting taper.  The back, hip, knee, leg pain is unbearable and I can barely walk. Can't bend, painful to sit, go up/down stairs, sleep. Last cut was 3/3, 5%, from .135 gram weight Clonazepam to .129 gram weight.  Anyone else experience this?  Any way to help the pain?  Can't use any pain relievers or topical ointments.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Stretch! Stretch Stretch!

Light stretching is about all I can do but keep moving. 

I really does help to keep moving I promise. If you don't, you'll get so locked up you'll be stuck there.

I'm sorry your having this and I'm pretty sure this is part of what I've been having, also an arthritic stiffness and pain.

I sure hope this will improve for you soon!

Ns

• Like 1

@[Cy...], in fact, i agree with Nsindy. Light stretching is a help, if any. I've had enough of the pain since the begining of tapering. Nothing really works but this does bring at least a temporary relief to me. 

Hope the pain will give you some rest, it happens. Smooth tapering and healing to you!)

Edited by [...]

[Cy...]
3 hours ago, [[n...] said:

Stretch! Stretch Stretch!

Light stretching is about all I can do but keep moving. 

I really does help to keep moving I promise. If you don't, you'll get so locked up you'll be stuck there.

I'm sorry your having this and I'm pretty sure this is part of what I've been having, also an arthritic stiffness and pain.

I sure hope this will improve for you soon!

Ns

Thanks @[ns...].  I usually stretch daily, but this morning, the pain was too much.  Applied lots of heat today. Lots of arthritic pain and stiffness for me too.

Hey, congrats on the jump!  Best wishes for continued success!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

@[...] I usually do stretch daily as I have a good amount of arthritic pain.  Today, the pain and stiffness was just too much, so lots of heat. Trying to stretch some now...

Thank you!

Just remember it will pass. I know it's difficult to believe and yet it will, not the arthritic pain though if it was your issue prior to the withdrawal. But even the pain caused by arthritis may lessen bc all pain during wd can be felt worse than usual. It's by my own experience and, i think, logical. Something warm can also help.

Keep going, Cindy! A window is bound to come after a wave)🌤️