Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

back to "head of Clinic" doctor today :(

[or...]

My NP did not get his contract renewed :(

This doctor I think a lot of, but he is the one that got me to do a "too fast" taper.  I was getting to see an NP that was only here for a short time and he fully understand the importance of tapering slow.  So, I've had no issues with him at all.  Going to see my regular MD who is the head of the clinic is a little nerve-racking this a.m.  I have to sign a once a year paper for receiving a controlled-substance 'script which I do not believe I had to do this in my 8 years here, so maybe something new in California.

I'm not nervous about that in particular, but talking to my MD about my taper, and can I go down to .5 mg tablet, or, I'm still thinking about the liquid form of Clonazepam, different brand no doubt.  I don't know if I can get it here in our small town or not, but I'll call my pharmacy before my appt.  Also ask the brand, in both that and the .5.  I've been on TEVA.

My worst fear is "changing" how well I'm doing to possibly something worse.  But the truth is, I'm having trouble shaving smaller already, and I'm at 53% of my 1mg dose of C right now.  I have enough left over to add the extra to a .5 mg tablet to give me my 53% so I'm not worried about that.  I am only asking him the questions though, and hoping he doesn't try to force me into another routine.  This has worked so well for me. 

I've done 3% total taper within 30 days and I wasn't even adding the days, it still came out to one month.  I had to add the days to know I did it in 30 days just now while typing this.

Feedback welcome, and I know "some" people have trouble changing brands, or to a liquid pharmaceutical solution, no DIYs for me, but surely someone out there has been fine in doing so??  Thanks much, oregonlady sending hope and encouragement to all my peers today :hug:

Edited by [or...]

[or...]

I find this very both disgusting, and totally outrageous that my Rite Aid has no controlled substances in liquid form, of any benzodiazepine.  This is California for you.  My doctor cannot even order at all from my Rite Aid Pharmacy other than the tablet I'm using now, or the ones that dissolve, which neither of those would be any easier for me to cut and weigh at lower doses :(  Big Pharma is making it very hard for people to get off this drug with a micro taper and I'm afraid to even "know" what is coming next :(

With my tremor, I'm having more issues with cutting the right dose, so that's why I posted the OP, oregonlady :( PS Doing a DIY is overwhelming for me, but I feel I need to know how else I can finish this second half of my taper safely, as the first half went.

Yes I just tapered again and having some wd sxs, again, insomnia, more of a hair-trigger with my temper, headaches again.  I hope people will see my posts and realize even a slow taper comes with wd sxs so please be careful how you taper :hug:

[Ad...]

Boy can I ever understand your qualms about going to the MD. I was the same way the last time I went to the neurologist, also the head of the clinic. It turned out I saw the NP instead and what a relief that was. But he's not the one that prescribes the clonazepam anymore. That is my primary care, who is an NP and very understanding about slow taper.

I'd like to put this question out to the community: does anyone have any idea how to use the oral dissolving tablets to do a slow taper since they weigh basically nothing on the scale. Of course you know how many milligrams you have and it seems like they would dissolve well for water taper. I'm just not sure how to do it. If anybody can help, thank you thank you!

[or...]

You'd get more replies making a post under taper strategies @[Ad...], although who knows maybe someone will show up here too :)

[ns...]
3 hours ago, [[o...] said:

I find this very both disgusting, and totally outrageous that my Rite Aid has no controlled substances in liquid form, of any benzodiazepine.  This is California for you.  My doctor cannot even order at all from my Rite Aid Pharmacy other than the tablet I'm using now, or the ones that dissolve, which neither of those would be any easier for me to cut and weigh at lower doses :(  Big Pharma is making it very hard for people to get off this drug with a micro taper and I'm afraid to even "know" what is coming next :(

With my tremor, I'm having more issues with cutting the right dose, so that's why I posted the OP, oregonlady :( PS Doing a DIY is overwhelming for me, but I feel I need to know how else I can finish this second half of my taper safely, as the first half went.

Yes I just tapered again and having some wd sxs, again, insomnia, more of a hair-trigger with my temper, headaches again.  I hope people will see my posts and realize even a slow taper comes with wd sxs so please be careful how you taper :hug:

Oregonlady, I'm so sorry your having to deal with the California nut system, I know it all to well!

Not sure where u are in California, I know you can contact a compound pharmacy if your doc will assist. 

I had trouble filling my meds at Walgreens, Sam's club, costco. 

Moved out of state, same issues, but California is close, almost one in the same!

I sincerely hope you get this resolved and I think you will. 

Your doctor can call the pharmacy and talk with them to ensure you get your script.

Also, I had to sign that agreement here. If I would have stayed in ca, it was the same. It's to protect the doctor and their practice. 

It's been so hard dealing with those tiny little doses. Don't know if u can crush them?

I was going to do that if I didn't jump.

Prayers for u Oregonlady, 

Ns:therethere:

• Like 1