Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

My doc is confusing me!!!

Me again.

You know my doc wanted me to switch to clonazepam. I wont.

Now He said after updosing from 10 mg to 30 mg didn't work I should go to 50 mg.

You know I come from 100-150 mg daily.

I don't know what to do.

I feel like a boat on the ocean.

1 hour ago, [[L...] said:

@[...] Ärzte können sehr verwirrend sein. Erhöhen sie die Dosierung, weil Ihre Symptome wirklich schlimm sind und sie versuchen, Sie zu stabilisieren?

Yes. I allready die an updose from 10 to 30 without an effect. It was better for maybe two weeks. I am holding since the 9th of february now. Doc said switch to clonazepam. I didn't. Now He said updose to 50mg.

I just don't know what to do 😭

[Li...]

Yes.  Hold if you can.  How are your symptoms?  And I would stick to the same benzo all the way down your taper if you can.   Which benzo are you currently taking?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

Ja. Warte, wenn du kannst. Wie sind Ihre Symptome? Und wenn möglich, würde ich bis zum Ende des gesamten Konus beim gleichen Benzo bleiben. Welches Benzo nimmst du derzeit?

How long should I wait ? :(

the worst is the Vertigo I got it the whole day.

also Panic attacks, restless legs, inner feeling of restlessness and fear, can't swallow, pain in my Body, cramps in legs tongue neck etc, extreme Depression, intrusive thoughts

[Re...]
2 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

In my option you probably should change to clonazepam. 

@[Li...] I believe you meant diazepam, am I correct? Sorry, but this difference seems to be really important for Salo. :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

Ich nahm fast 20 Jahre lang Clonazepam und mein Arzt hat mich auf Valium umgestellt. Meiner Meinung nach sollten Sie wahrscheinlich auf Clonazepam umsteigen. Valium hat eine längere Halbwertszeit und lässt sich leichter dosieren, da es in viel geringeren Dosen erhältlich ist. Während meines gesamten Tapers habe ich mich nie an einen Zeitplan gehalten. Ich folgte meinem Körper und meinen Symptomen. Ich hielt verschiedene Dosen ein, bis mein Körper etwas ausgeglichen hatte. Und je niedriger die Dosis, desto langsamer ging es. Es hilft mir sehr, mich auf etwas Positives zu konzentrieren. Nimmst du Magnesium? Ich nehme es und es hilft mir bei allem. Es tut mir so leid, dass es dir so schwer fällt.  

I take Magnesium every day.

I could handle every Symptom if only the vertigo would pass. I can't live with that, I can't taper with that.. 

I am so afraid it will never pass No matter how long I hold. :(

[Li...]
1 minute ago, [[R...] said:

@[Li...] I believe you meant diazepam, am I correct? Sorry, but this difference seems to be really important for

2 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

@[Li...] I believe you meant diazepam, am I correct? Sorry, but this difference seems to be really important for Salo. :)

@[Re...] Thank you for catching that.  I edited my post.  It should say SHOULDN'T change to clonazepam.  My brain isn't working well today.  

• Like 1

[Li...]

@[...]  I too had vertigo on and off on my taper.  I took meclizine and that helped.  

Edited by [Li...]
  • Like 1

[Re...]

It is okay and I am having this benzo brain, too... :) I really understand. It is a big question for Salo and she uses a translator, that is why I commented. 

• Like 2

I am thinking "what if 50 mg will work because its closer to my high dose of 150 mg than 30mg?" Yeeees Salo, but If it wont you will be on 50 mg in the same hell 😭

2 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

@[...]  Auch ich hatte ab und zu Schwindelgefühle während meiner Verjüngung. Ich habe Meclizin genommen und das hat geholfen.  

We don't have that anymore in Germany.

[Li...]

@[...]  Am I remembering correctly that you consulted with Dr. Mark Horowitz and his opinion was that you would need to increase your Valium dose to stabilize?

5 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

@[...]  Kann ich mich richtig erinnern, dass Sie Dr. Mark Horowitz konsultiert haben und er der Meinung war, dass Sie Ihre Valiumdosis erhöhen müssten, um sich zu stabilisieren?

Yes. But without guarantee of course..