Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tolerance in taper

[An...]

Is it possible to develop tolerance to a long hold in taper ? I’ve been holding for 2 months and my symptoms are getting worse, I have been rapidly tapering, could I be in a wave and adapting or could this be tolerance. 

Currently down to 15mgs of Valium from 55mgs in the past 8 months I cut 2.5mgs 2 months ago 

Edited by [An...]
Added my dosage

[Re...]

Hello @[An...]

I am really sorry for your difficulties while tapering Valium. Your experiences seem to be quite common among Buddies here. I have tried to search your previous post, you have dropped from 55 mg Valium to 15 mg from in three months time? I could not find for how long you have been on the medication though. 

I believe it is the nature of withdrawal, healing does not seem to follow the classic linear pattern like we are used to it. It is frustrating, I know, as I am going through this. You have been cutting quite rapidly, it is not rare to experience intense or even intensifying symptoms after such a cut.

You are getting to a very important part of your recovery. It is key to be gentle to yourself now. I am not sure what kind of reduction rate you are following, but I believe there is no reason to rush this, your symptoms will eventually even out. In your own time you will be able to continue the reduction and will be diazepam free, I am certain. Just try to follow what your body tells you a bit more when it comes to continuing your taper.  

I am sure you know a lot about tapering and the general recommended rate already, but I added a link. 

Take very good care, 

RR

[04...]
19 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Is it possible to develop tolerance to a long hold in taper ? I’ve been holding for 2 months and my symptoms are getting worse, I have been rapidly tapering, could I be in a wave and adapting or could this be tolerance. 

Currently down to 15mgs of Valium from 55mgs in the past 8 months I cut 2.5mgs 2 months ago 

Hi there,

I started a post last saturday wondering the same but i could not get an answer for that question.

[An...]
3 hours ago, [[R...] said:

Hello @[An...]

I am really sorry for your difficulties while tapering Valium. Your experiences seem to be quite common among Buddies here. I have tried to search your previous post, you have dropped from 55 mg Valium to 15 mg from in three months time? I could not find for how long you have been on the medication though. 

I believe it is the nature of withdrawal, healing does not seem to follow the classic linear pattern like we are used to it. It is frustrating, I know, as I am going through this. You have been cutting quite rapidly, it is not rare to experience intense or even intensifying symptoms after such a cut.

You are getting to a very important part of your recovery. It is key to be gentle to yourself now. I am not sure what kind of reduction rate you are following, but I believe there is no reason to rush this, your symptoms will eventually even out. In your own time you will be able to continue the reduction and will be diazepam free, I am certain. Just try to follow what your body tells you a bit more when it comes to continuing your taper.  

I am sure you know a lot about tapering and the general recommended rate already, but I added a link. 

Take very good care, 

RR

@[Re...] hey thank you so much for your kind message and all the information, I really appreciate it. I dropped with in 8 months my taper started around may 2023. 55mg I did rapidly taper in the beginning and that was hell, I have gotten a lot better since. Symtoms are different every day now I feel like I’ve gotten worse, and scared to cut again. I have tremors, insomnia, acrophobia, irritable.  

[An...]
1 hour ago, [[D...] said:

Hi there,

I started a post last saturday wondering the same but i could not get an answer for that question.

Hey @[Do...] is there a way you can private message me. I will put this to the test after the 25th March. I will cut my pill, go through the symptoms and let you know if I feel better than what I do now.! I hope this helps