Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Provider In California

[Be...]

Hello

Can anyone recommend a provider in California, who isn't listed on Benzoinfo.com. Someone, who can assist in a patient led taper and has significant experience in this field. I'm not looking for a provider who has these fancy programs and bills annually, but someone who will just be compassionate, and transparent in supporting the patient on the taper. 

PS: Someone who is NOT listed on Benzoinfo.com and who practices in the state of California. 

[je...]

Hi there @[Be...]

What you're asking for is something we were all looking for when we were tapering. Unfortunately it's like finding a needle in haystack. I'm in Australia, so I can't help you with doctors in America but I've been on this site for three years now and I can tell you it's extremely difficult for people to find benzo wise doctors. Many members are struggling just to find a doctor willing to prescribe.

I don't want to discourage you, I'm just giving you the reality of the situation. In my case I wasn't able to find a doctor who knew anything about tapering. I tapered exclusively using this site and educating myself (I'm now 15 months off). I was functional throughout my taper and I'm not a horror story, so it can be done by yourself if you're not able to find a benzo wise doctor. We can help you. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[Be...]

Yes, I reached out to her. I've scheduled a call for her tomorrow to see if she can help me. @[je...] that is why I was asking over here. Its hard to just get a prescription. That's why I was asking here because the more options the easier it would be to find a provider. Half the people in this community who are providers, have these expensive programs because its such a niche and its like just marketed out of proportion with so many components of the program, which aren't required. 

[de...]

@[Be...]  Hopefully, Dr. Giardano will be able to help with whatever you need.   I totally understand about not wanting to use someone who is going to charge you a bunch of money to go through their "program".  Like @[je...] said everything you need to know you can get through this forum, but of course, you will need a prescriber. 

[An...]
1 hour ago, [[j...] said:

Hi there @[Be...]

What you're asking for is something we were all looking for when we were tapering. Unfortunately it's like finding a needle in haystack. I'm in Australia, so I can't help you with doctors in America but I've been on this site for three years now and I can tell you it's extremely difficult for people to find benzo wise doctors. Many members are struggling just to find a doctor willing to prescribe.

I don't want to discourage you, I'm just giving you the reality of the situation. In my case I wasn't able to find a doctor who knew anything about tapering. I tapered exclusively using this site and educating myself (I'm now 15 months off). I was functional throughout my taper and I'm not a horror story, so it can be done by yourself if you're not able to find a benzo wise doctor. We can help you. 

I actually think using a site like BB is better than any benzo wise doc IRL as long as you can find a doctor who is willing to prescribe until you are off like @[je...]. It is also a helluva lot cheaper too. It is hard to beat free. BB does not charge you anything and you will get more support here (24/7) than you will ever find IRL or online at other websites.

• Like 1

[je...]

You don't need a benzo wise doctor to prescribe. Of course they'll be more sympathetic and open to it, but any doctor who is willing will do. Many people have also said that nurse practitioners are often good when it comes to working with benzo patients. Hopefully your appointment tomorrow will go well. 

What happened to your doctor who used to prescribe for you?

[Be...]

He booted me from my program because he asked me to quit nicotine and I ended up taking a couple extra pills. He was a nice guy though, but overpriced his program. 

[ns...]
4 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Hello

Can anyone recommend a provider in California, who isn't listed on Benzoinfo.com. Someone, who can assist in a patient led taper and has significant experience in this field. I'm not looking for a provider who has these fancy programs and bills annually, but someone who will just be compassionate, and transparent in supporting the patient on the taper. 

PS: Someone who is NOT listed on Benzoinfo.com and who practices in the state of California. 

Benzofree08, did u find a doctor? Not sure which part of California your from, n ca seems to the best for a benzo wise doctor. 

Used to live there so I know.

Wish u luck!

Ns

[Ca...]

My Dr. (Psychiatrist) is in San Diego but it's doubtful he'd do anything without seeing you. I can't get to him anymore in my screwed up condition so I can't get refills or meds I need. Was 7+ yrs ago I got off Klonopin - 30 day rapid-detox. (Thx, I guess). He had no idea, really. I only ran across one Dr. that did and she was transferred to another clinic. Wish I could report an improvement but aside from the head pressure thing, but I've declined last several yrs.

• 2 weeks later...
[Be...]

Please Send Me the names of some nurse practitioners in California, who would be able to assist in the process.