Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I jumped! I did it, still feel like I took a dose, strange!

[Bu...]

@[ns...],

Congratulations!!!!  I know this has been a long, hard road for you, but you are off!  Off!  What an accomplishment!  I'll keep you in my prayers for a short post-jump w.d.   Keep us posted. ❤

• Like 2

[ns...]
3 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

@[ns...],

Congratulations!!!!  I know this has been a long, hard road for you, but you are off!  Off!  What an accomplishment!  I'll keep you in my prayers for a short post-jump w.d.   Keep us posted. ❤

Thank u BurnTheShips! It's pretty real!

Second guessed myself today, took my dose at 5 and it made me sick as usual so, now it's confirmed, I cannot take them anymore no matter what and I'm on my way off!

It's not too bad, feels the same as when I take the dose. I know, this is just the first day, not quite 24 hrs. 

I hope your doing well, have seen you around much.

Your still in my prayers and will keep you there. Hope your getting some sleep! 😴 

Talk soon

Bless ya

:hug:

• Love 1

[tr...]

I'm not on here much anymore but I came across your post. I'm 4 years of Ativan. I did a rapid taper bc I literally had to back then.

I hope you heal quickly:) Whatever comes next, I want you to know that you have a life and a future no matter what your body and brain try to tell you. You can do this. I mean, its not like you're going to go back right?

I just wanted to encourage you and tell you that even though I'm not 100 % yet..it's sooo much better. I live life again. I have some limitations, but I am so glad to have the life I do, and am off of that poison. 

Take good care of yourself and keep stress low ok? Your future is bright - remember that. For those of us who have already gone through this - hang onto our words as hope. 

Congrats - let the healing begin!

Hugs,

Trina

• Like 4

[ns...]
4 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Congrats @[ns...]. Sending healing vibes your way. {{{{{{{{{{🤗}}}}}}}}}}}}

Lol, love the vibes!

Thank u 😊 

• Like 1

[Ro...]

You did it!   Way to go! I'll be praying for a smooth recovery for you.

• Like 2

[ns...]
5 hours ago, [[t...] said:

I'm not on here much anymore but I came across your post. I'm 4 years of Ativan. I did a rapid taper bc I literally had to back then.

I hope you heal quickly:) Whatever comes next, I want you to know that you have a life and a future no matter what your body and brain try to tell you. You can do this. I mean, its not like you're going to go back right?

I just wanted to encourage you and tell you that even though I'm not 100 % yet..it's sooo much better. I live life again. I have some limitations, but I am so glad to have the life I do, and am off of that poison. 

Take good care of yourself and keep stress low ok? Your future is bright - remember that. For those of us who have already gone through this - hang onto our words as hope. 

Congrats - let the healing begin!

Hugs,

Trina

Trina thank u! 

Congrats to you, you are free!

No I'm not going back! The healing has begun!

It's been a long road and a really different one for sure.

I'm grateful for the encouragement and I know I'll Need it.

I've been here before but not on my terms. I've been in withdrawal for almost 4 yrs.

I never really got over the 1st taper which is why I ended up back on lorazapam. It only helped a little for a couple of months and then I was tapering a drug that made me sick. I had a reaction to it is how I would describe it. 

I'm nauseated but doing ok.

I second guessed myself earlier and took the 5pm dose, it made me so sick and gave me the same symptoms I had all along. This only confirmed that I was finished with it!

it's great to hear that you're healing from that nasty drug. I haven't had many conversations with many who have finished lorazapam or were even on it, but I've had a few.

I know none of the benzos are a cake walk and I think are really pretty similar when it comes to withdrawal, either way, it's always a celebration when we  we read that someone had jumped or finished the journey. 

Success stories, I hope I read of yours one day, or are you already a success story? Kinda sounds like it to me, maybe it's time for you to write yours!

I'll look for it!  I'm Getting ready to read one while I'm up this early morning. 

thank you again for stopping by to wish me success. I hope for more healing for you. I guess just a little longer for that part!

Take care Trina 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

[ns...]
2 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

You did it!   Way to go! I'll be praying for a smooth recovery for you.

Rocknroll, thank u for prayers, and encouragement, I know I need them both!

I'm on my way for sure buy I'll be around for awhile!

I got up to read BB success stories and what a pleasant surprise to find a couple of encouraging words, it helps so much. It's 330 am and I did not expect to find these, so thank u again!

Take care 🙂

[Ct...]

Congratulations on your jump! I have followed your journey and am so inspired by your commitment of tapering down to the finish. Your positivity throughout your taper has been encouraging to me because I am in the beginning of my taper. You are inspirational! 

• Like 3

[Ru...]

Congratulations! Time to heal🙏🏼 You are an inspiration to many, me included.

• Like 3

[ns...]
8 minutes ago, [[H...] said:

Brave woman ! i wish you stay okay (y)

Thank you helpless.

I sure hope you are doing well now!

Ns

[ns...]
On 18/03/2024 at 11:53, [[n...] said:

Well I did it, I jumped!

Missed my 5am and 11am doses so I'm on my way. 

It's odd, I feel the same as I do when I take it. Still all the symptoms that come with every dose.

I guess I should have done this a long time ago. 

I'm sure I'll need support, prayer good vibes, happy thoughts lol, but seriously  please send the love my way!

I've read success stories here on BB.

They are so inspiring!

It's easy to see the suffering in the stories I've read, some were painful to read but ended in uplifting promises of hope!

I'll probably spend more time there. If you need a lift, you should check them out! They are so incredible and somehow, i draw strength there.

Someone should really write a book, or a movie about some of those incredible stories of strength and resolve! I think the world could benefit from them.

In the world of benzo withdrawal and the pure hell we go through, some of us aren't so strong, so please be gentle. I'm not as strong as I sometimes appear to be, Mind over matter, fake it til u make it is still my motto, and my faith of course, but all kidding aside, I'm not giving in!!!

I think we all understand that its easy to get caught up in our own time of celebration at times, and we can forget about what it feels like to be needy and broken. 

I hope as does everyone here im sure, that we can escape the pain of a long haul withdrawal syndrome, and am truly sorry for those who are going thru that. im sure its as though it will never end for you and My prayers are with you!

I'll be here off and on on BB,  checking my emails, sitting on my numb butt, lol, and passing the time. But really, I'm so grateful for BB, you are truly a God send to those of us in need of understanding of this syndrome and in need of love and support, thank you 😊 

I will get thru this, I will never give in or give up and I hope and pray you won't either!

Thanks for your encouragement and support in advance

Ns

Well, I didn't make it over 30 hours guys!

I reinstated last night. It was absolutely not doable!

I'm back to my regular dose and will be cutting and holding as long as I can.

I'm sorry i let y'all down. All these beautiful encouragement notes from you, I tried so hard.  

The reaction I have to lorazepam is bad, I cringe before every dose, but at least I get a break here and there between really bad symptoms. Without the pill, it was non stop horrible symptoms and I believe mini seizures along with all the other symptoms.

I'm going to have to stick it out to the end whether I like it or not, but it's gonna be rough!

I've been hesitant to fess up to this lol, but I know I owe you this truth. 

I'm grateful for BB and all of you here and just want to say thank you so much. You've all been so kind to me, even you Hugodrax 💛 

I'll be around, just need to get my barings!

Ns

[Nu...]

I'm so sorry, @[ns...]. You didn't let anyone down. You felt the need to reinstate, so you did. That's that.

Keep on the journey. You've got this.

• Like 2

[An...]

I share the same sentiments as Nursing Buddy. I completely understand. I have been there so many times.  You did not let anyone down @[ns...]. It is easy for others to tell you to hold on and not reinstate but only you know how much you can endure, not me or anyone else here. I have failed so many times in my attempts to get off these drugs. I was doing really good this last time until my mother got sick in Dec. of 2023. The stress from worrying about my mother caused a big spike in SXs and I had to put my taper on hold for now. I hope the reinstatement can provide some degree of relief and stability while you regroup.  

• Like 2

[ns...]
1 hour ago, [[N...] said:

I'm so sorry, @[ns...]. You didn't let anyone down. You felt the need to reinstate, so you did. That's that.

Keep on the journey. You've got this.

Thank I so much!

Ns

• Like 1

[or...]
On 18/03/2024 at 12:17, [[n...] said:

Yes, I know it's very small dose. I should have done this a long time ago, I was just to afraid too. 

It was a very small dose. I promise it wasn't too much. Every dose I cringed before i took it because it gave me such horrid symptoms. Been that way since I had to taper. That's why I couldn't do anymore. I just read from jelly baby on another post about our memory of each cut, I guess that's what I'm feeling.

It's the same as if I just took it!

Anyway thanks for your input 

Ns

Yes that 0.8 scared me a little ;)  If it was that it would be like .5 mg for me on my Klonopin ;)

Sounds good @[ns...], so happy for you and being able to focus only on the healing part now, no more weighing or going to the freaking pharmacy, I can hardly wait myself, oregonlady :hug:ps job well done sweetie!!

[ns...]
11 hours ago, [[o...] said:

Yes that 0.8 scared me a little ;)  If it was that it would be like .5 mg for me on my Klonopin ;)

Sounds good @[ns...], so happy for you and being able to focus only on the healing part now, no more weighing or going to the freaking pharmacy, I can hardly wait myself, oregonlady :hug:ps job well done sweetie!!

Hi oregonlady, I added above!

Thank you for the support!

I had to reinstate! After 30 hours!

It was not sustainable, not doable.  Had seizure like symptoms. Had symptoms 5x worse than before which was much. F

Going to continue cutting to the smallest possible to the finish line. 

I cringe with every dose, buy at least I get a little break through out the day. Without it, I got no break at all, it was a living nightmare!

😊 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[or...]
3 minutes ago, [[n...] said:

Hi oregonlady, I added above!

Thank you for the support!

I had to reinstate! After 30 hours!

It was not sustainable, not doable.  Had seizure like symptoms. Had symptoms 5x worse than before which was much. F

Going to continue cutting to the smallest possible to the finish line. 

I cringe with every dose, buy at least I get a little break through out the day. Without it, I got no break at all, it was a living nightmare!

😊

Okay, I'm sorry I didn't know about that but I'm glad that you were able to reinstate it's the same thing I would do if I needed to.  Now at least you know to taper slower and smaller bits let me know how you're doing anytime I'll be around Oregonlady :hug:

• Like 1
  • Love 1